Lt. Commander
Can we consolidate all our gripes about stances into one thread, so the devs have a one-stop shop for all our reasons behind not liking the ways in which our characters and officers carry themselves?

I'll start.

Male/Gruff (one of my previous favourites) - not so much gruff anymore - not standing with a hand ready on his kit, just standing like a slouch, like a child in the naughty corner at junior school. Might as well call it "Bully".

Female/Cute - Again, seems like a slouch, not so much a cutie-pie anymore.

Twitchy - Isn't so much twitchy anymore, as just alert. Why don't you have a separate one called "Alert" for it.

Stern - is now nothing of the sort. It's more proud if anything, or a tad arrogant.

I may add more after closer scrutiny in the coming days or weeks, it all depends on what I want from my Bridge Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh, for crying out loud, I didn't realize so many of them had changed. I've been playing just one or two tons on tribble mostly and not bothering to go spend time on my bridge to inspect the troops like usual what with the recent unpleasentness on the bridge. Also those toons I leveled to VA with pretty much just DOFF system .

Just put back all of the old ones with Stern1, Stern2, etc. Give the #1 to the original stances as they deserve and the '2's to all the new ones.

How can I play a game that I can't stand to look at? How can I play a game where everywhare I look I see reminders of things that I used to love that have been taken away?

Please return my access to the stances that are in essense the very personalities of the BO that I have learned to love just as much as I love some of my favorite characters from the Star Trek shows and movies.

Thank You,

Search.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah, they've been butchered. Completely and utterly. There is nothing remaining of the stances we used to know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 10:29 AM
They should have left them alone, & added more options. Instead, they messed with something that worked just fine & did not need to be fiddled with.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2012, 11:03 PM
I agree with this! I just came back in game, and Gruff is WAY different! What once had my character lookling like she was ready ti rumble now has her slouched over, looking sad or tired or hunchbacked. Stern and standard are also changed - stern in particular, doesn't look stern at all! Bring back the old stances!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2012, 06:14 PM
The cute one should NEVER haver been changed! It was the stance I used on most of my Trill BOFFs. I like that it was the classic Anime "fan service" pose. FIX THIS NOW!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I absolutely agree to the OP.
Why are they constantly fixing stuff thats not broken?
They've could just add some more options, like the new Stern stance (which i like) but rermoving the old one wasn't a good decision IMHO.
What we need is more options and no replacements!

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
I absolutely agree to the OP.
Why are they constantly fixing stuff thats not broken?
They've could just add some more options, like the new Stern stance (which i like) but rermoving the old one wasn't a good decision IMHO.
What we need is more options and no replacements!

Live long and prosper.
I guess you can't fix stupid. They obviously never heard the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Ensign
# 9
11-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Agreed, They seriously need to fix everything, screwing it up, also knowing that the ground combat is terrible.
Captain
# 10
11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Created an account just to necro an almost two year old thread?

Bah
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree