Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I have been thinking about this for a while, and I believe that having the Neg'var BOFF slots mostly engineering is not very representative. Having three engineer slots would make more sense on a Tier 5 refit of the K'Tanco.

I would suggest that a change be made to the BOFF slots on the Neg'Var. Either:

Commader Engineer, Lt. Commader Tactical, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Science, Ensign Engineer

OR

Commander Engineer, Universal Lt. Commander, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Science, Ensign Tac or Engineer
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while, and I believe that having the Neg'var BOFF slots mostly engineering is not very representative. Having three engineer slots would make more sense on a Tier 5 refit of the K'Tanco.

Commader Engineer, Lt. Commader Tactical, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Science, Ensign Engineer

OR

Commander Engineer, Universal Lt. Commander, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Science, Ensign Tac or Engineer
I'd settle for a single LCDR Tac. I don't neet the LT spot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post

I like this BOff set. Makes it more tactical with only a minor loss in Engineering (imo) with a nudge to science.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Going on a limp here
01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
But are you all insane!!!!!

The Negh'Var is one of the two choices ENG toons have. Please can we have something to call our own. I for one would like to go into battle knowing that there is a ship there capable of supporting me... Losing a LT.Cmdr ENG slot is tantamount to losing the ability to load a crucial secondary engineering skill like ENG III to support the team.

So while you flying your Uber battlecruiser - think this "Whose gonna fix it?"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Access to lvl 3 and 4 skills is the almost exclusive option of class specific ships. Once you start opening up those cross-pollination of those you really re-define the balance.

In particular even though I am a BC pilot principally myself I think adding tier 3/4 skills to cruisers would erode the edge esocrts and raptors have on damage - and it is their only edge.

Would I use it myself, hell yeah, in a heartbeat; but I think it would be a bad thing for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Its posts like this
01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Its posts like this that cause discontent and unfortunate things coming to past. I have witnessed countless poorly thought out concepts coming from the community ending in failure on production.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
But are you all insane!!!!!

The Negh'Var is one of the two choices ENG toons have. Please can we have something to call our own. I for one would like to go into battle knowing that there is a ship there capable of supporting me... Losing a LT.Cmdr ENG slot is tantamount to losing the ability to load a crucial secondary engineering skill like ENG III to support the team.

So while you flying your Uber battlecruiser - think this "Whose gonna fix it?"
Maybe a universal Lt. Commander slot???
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Precisely why I suggested possibly making the Lt. Commander slot Universal. Besides, The COMMANDER SLOT IS STILL ENGINEER!

I simply suggest that the current Negh'Var BOFF layour with three engineering slots be reassigned to another ship, such as a Tier 5 retrofit K'Tanco (Currently a Tier 2 cruiser).

I HAVE thought long and hard about this for over a year before proposeing it. About the only think I am changing is the BOFF layout, not the rest of the ship's stats. Also, what about the balance of the C-Store ships below Tier 5. They are MUCH better than their counterparts. At Tier 3, the C-store ships have Tier 4 BOFF layouts plus an additional consol slot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I agree on this because I can see the federation "cruisers" having high engineering power because thats what they do. As for the KDF we have "Heavy Battle Cruisers" I'm not much into ok for my cannons I have 10 seconds of rapid fire to be a Heavy Battle Cruiser and then I have 20 seconds to wait until i grow up into being a heavy battle cruiser again. Although tact initiative helps for now but engineers and sci officers are at loss on that one. I'm just hoping they thought about this with the KDF flagship if it is actually a new ship and not just a negh var costume.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Firstly, let me preface this by saying I'm a BoP pilot here, very little experience with the Klingon cruisers but isn't the Vorcha supposed to be more tactically oriented than the Neg'var? That BOff layout sounds better suited to the Vorcha to me, would check what layout the Vorcha currently has but can't as the server is down for maintenance again.

Edit: I do think a Klingon cruiser with LtCMDR Tac BOff station is needed though.

As for the universal LtCMDR slot, no, not until they remove some of the handicaps they gave the BoP to pay for its universal slots.