Lt. Commander
In the chat box, Text is being entered at the top of the window rather than at the bottom. As a result chat is not scrolling. In order to read anything you have to manually scroll to see each new line. In the past I've had a similar issue where from time to time the chat box would just stop scrolling when new text was entered. However, logging out and back in again typically fixed it. Right now on tribble though, I have this weird issue where the text is being entered from the top down (and not scrolling) as opposed from the bottom up like normal (which typically forced the box to scroll with the new text.

This is incredibly annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
It stacks all the dialouge at the top of the UI and enters it going downwards? Very strange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2011, 08:41 AM
yeah same here. people are chatting away but its not keeping up with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Ive had this problem since Season 4, its also happening on Holodeck often..

The whole chat is screwed since season 4 anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Fairly certain it's a known issue... coulda' sworn Fark acknowledged it in TTS the other day.

What's really weird (knock on replicated wood) is this doesn't appear to be an issue for my KDF characters... just my Feddies. Finally something about not being equal is in my favor! :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
I hate to drum up an old thorn, but this is the only thread in the forums that mentions this issue in any form. Was a fix ever implemented?

The odd part is this ONLY happens on my KDF Engineer. I have 6 characters total, but only my KDF Engineer ever has this issue and I cannot seem to find any setting or CFG where I can make his chat work.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 02:57 AM
It Happens to me every so offten regardless which toon I use...

But, FYI when a thread is over 30 days old, it's best to start a new one
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Let's see if this bug gets fixed before 2013.

Incredibly frustrating how often things get broken that were working perfectly fine before.

Edit: This isn't limited to Tribble, it's the same on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Ya its on holodeck, and its been causing horrible issues with the F2P players

You try to chat with someone, and they have no idea they are talking to anyone cause it doesn't show up on their window!

It has something to do with the voice chat box below the window popping up and forcing scroll-lock to fail.