Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
You don't need to use the launcher at all.

AKAIK the game will let you handle login and patching functions within itself, just make yourself a direct shortcut to the client instead of the launcher.
You'll find you can get to the character select screen, but it WON'T connect to the game server after you select if you attempt that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I thought there was a command to do something, where it actually patched, but skipped the launcher?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Okay, so I buckled and installed IE, and guess what?? I STILL CAN'T LOG IN - last week I could log in just FINE.. I double checked all my JAVA updates, then I double, triple, quadruple checked that I went by the settings given to me, and guess what.. NOTHING! still angry I had to install a useless program that eats up virtual memory when it's not even running.. I can't change the bloody toggle, I even tried making a Perfect World account to try logging in from there, NADA, I even tried to use the direct executable to bipass the launcher.. nothing.. I am beginning to regret buying this game in the first place - if the game hadn't run just fine for me for over a year before now, I'd probably be even angrier!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Our launcher has *always* used IE. Always. It's not a new requirement.
not a new requirement? then why is it I had been running the game for over a YEAR without a single problem until this week? why can no one answer this simple question for me.. why through three computers, none with IE have I had no problem for over a YEAR until this week??????
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadziaLorraine View Post
not a new requirement? then why is it I had been running the game for over a YEAR without a single problem until this week? why can no one answer this simple question for me.. why through three computers, none with IE have I had no problem for over a YEAR until this week??????
Maybe your system changed something?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-24-2012, 05:09 AM
if the Op hasn't already, there might be something here that'll help: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248796 had the same prob, along with many others. it finally took completing the linking by using support on the launcher to login via pwe

edit: I see she's already been in that thread