Lt. Commander
# 1 Just horrible
01-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont believe this game. The launcher is the worse I have ever seen. The game wont patch, keeps retrying and screws up my broadband connection and the solution is having my screw around with my broadband settings just for this game even though every thing else runs fine? I like Star Trek but this is an even worse experience than stomaching the Nelix character in the Voyager series.

Not looking for a solution as I will be deleting this game right away. Sorry for the bashing I just wanted to give you some feedback for the horrible experience I had trying top play this game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 05:48 AM
It's not feedback. It's pointless rant.

Didn't have any problems with the launcher at all for over two years, nor did many other people I know. Before you start complaining check if the problem perhaps lies somewhere on your end.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 06:12 AM
No problems of that sort at all here on 2 computers. Sounds like its all you man not the game. FYS
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 08:35 AM
It helps if you search the forums or contact support so that we can help you figure out what might be blocking the download, or the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 08:42 AM
If you have to ***** about with your broadband settings, then it doesn't sound to me like it's a problem with the launcher. The vast majority of players don't have these problems, so it's obviously not likely to be a launcher issue.

Try disabling any filtering software you might have on your PC, including apps like PeerBlock or PeerGuardian, or anything that blocks incoming or outgoing network connections. Firewalls, anti-virus software, and non-default broadband settings can also interfere with it. And as you may have figured, none of those things is a fault with the launcher...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Heh, I like the way it stars out the word *****.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Have you tried allowing the program through your firewall settings? Native Windows & third party?
That could be what is blocking the DL/patching.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffportnoy
I dont believe this game. The launcher is the worse I have ever seen. The game wont patch, keeps retrying and screws up my broadband connection and the solution is having my screw around with my broadband settings just for this game even though every thing else runs fine? I like Star Trek but this is an even worse experience than stomaching the Nelix character in the Voyager series.

Not looking for a solution as I will be deleting this game right away. Sorry for the bashing I just wanted to give you some feedback for the horrible experience I had trying top play this game.
Its sad to think now that the game is free to play we will see more jerks like this guy. Freak out and act dumb with no reason to care because it costs them nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, there will always be people like the OP who seem to have nothing better to do than vent their spleen at the game just to crap on it.

No effort, no trying, just ranting to trash the game.

So, about the only logical response to such a person is: Byeeeeeeee....