Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Is there any way to disable(or limit) the sound effects associated with transporters/warp engines of other players characters? I like the effect when I'm in lower population areas, but going to ESD, MA, etc ends up giving me a headache; especailly if I want to afk there for a second due to the constant warp in sounds :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Is there any way to disable(or limit) the sound effects associated with transporters/warp engines of other players characters? I like the effect when I'm in lower population areas, but going to ESD, MA, etc ends up giving me a headache; especially if I want to afk there for a second due to the constant warp in sounds :/
The Options Menu (click on the tiny computer screen icon on the right side of the Mini-map to find it) will take you to the

Tabs that control the various aspects of the adjustable game functions (including the sounds)...

Click on the Audio Tab and peruse the available sliders to get the desired outcome.

I've never played with it myself, but you can adjust the Ambient Sounds Volume there.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Or just beam down to the academy and zone out standing in a soothing pond. :p

Yeah, adjust your sound levels a bit. I actually enjoy all the hubbub around Earth Dock.
Funnily there´s always somebody eventually lighting up a fireworks display too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
The Options Menu (click on the tiny computer screen icon on the right side of the Mini-map to find it) will take you to the

Tabs that control the various aspects of the adjustable game functions (including the sounds)...

Click on the Audio Tab and peruse the available sliders to get the desired outcome.

I've never played with it myself, but you can adjust the Ambient Sounds Volume there.

I think you missed my point. I don't want to adjust the volume of the effect, I want to limit the frequency of the effect. As I DID say in the OP, I like the effect, but when it's happening litterally every second it not only loses it's appeal but sounds awful(at least to me).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Is there any way to disable(or limit) the sound effects associated with transporters/warp engines of other players characters? I like the effect when I'm in lower population areas, but going to ESD, MA, etc ends up giving me a headache; especailly if I want to afk there for a second due to the constant warp in sounds :/
yes there is its called "volume knob"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
I think you missed my point. I don't want to adjust the volume of the effect, I want to limit the frequency of the effect. As I DID say in the OP, I like the effect, but when it's happening litterally every second it not only loses it's appeal but sounds awful(at least to me).
Don't worry the game engine does that automatically for you. In circumstances where many sounds are being played at once, it seems like the STO engine simply drops the majority of them. I think this is their duct-tape answer to the crackling sound problem.

In my STF runs I barely hear 1/3 of what is going on. It's actually disorientating because I don't get the audible feedback for most of my applied skills/attacks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.