> > > Hi Captains! The team is investigating an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. Thanks for your patience! < < <
We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.
UPDATE!We're aware of a Skill Points issue that some Romulan Liberated Borg captains may be experiencing, as well as players not being able to delete mail, and are working towards a resolution.
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Beta and launch player who dropped off since I can only afford one MMO at a time. I thoroughly enjoyed STO at launch and for a few months and am back now and loving the changes.
However, I am WAY out of the loop now and especially so since I have switched from a cruiser to an escort. I can't believe I never made the switch earlier. I bought the escort retro and love it.
I am a Lt. Commander (tactical) on the cusp of ranking up to Captain. I have read the tread and taken some of the advice and tested it out and had a few questions:
1. I did have phaser and disruptor cannons mixed at first, but remedied that with all phaser cannons (and a turret). I also got the appropriate phaser based consoles. While I like the bonus to taking out subsystems wouldn't our enemies (and correct me if I'm wrong) have builds specifically designed to diminish phaser damage? I would think most ships are designed to resist damage from their primary enemy, just as getting disruptor mitigation would make sense if I went up against Klingon ships a lot. Is there a benefit to me getting all disruptor cannons as my enemies might expect phaser damage from me? (a Fed player)
2. I removed "Target Subsystem Shields" on a BO to go with a second Tac Team ability (as suggested by the OP). If I do happen to go disruptors and loose my subsystem bonus from phasers, should I get "Target Subsystem Shields" again? I felt I was able to drop enemy shields MUCH faster before and while the other Tac Team is ok, I'm not sure I'm getting the full benefit I would as from a quick fight.
3. (stupid question #1) Are cannons considered beam weapons? I had a beam array skill and I wasn't sure if it was being used properly since I had all cannons and a turret.
4. (stupid question #2) Is "Mask Energy Signature ??" a cloak? I read replies on here stating that one of the defiant class ships is the only one to have a cloak, but I remember using MES on my cruiser and it seemed to act very much like a cloak.
Thanks, and I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for more great advice.