Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Crash to Desktop While Loading
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
So I've had this problem, almost without fail every time I start up. I've seen similar threads but nothing quite like what I've got. I have to reinstall the game every time I want to play. While it's running I've had absolutely no problems. It runs for long periods of time, no issues etc.

However. Here is the without fail part. I get through the launcher, to the character selection. Pick my character and hit log in. The load screen pops up and it starts going. Every time, somewhere between 40 and 60% loaded it crashes. Windows will say your program stopped unexpectedly, and sometimes the game detects it too and asks if I want to check my files. I always say yes and it never finds an issue. I've even logged out in different areas, on land, in space, all over and this happens every time. Thus far the only solution I've found is to do a fresh install and then it starts right up with no problem (until I log out at the end and try to log back in next time). Since it never seems to find anything wrong with it, any ideas?

edit: of course now I've tempted fate and it crashed after the cryptic load when I hit ok for the brightness adjuster. And it seems now that even with reinstalls it crashes no matter what. 46% every time