Lt. Commander
# 61 Annoying Pop-Ups
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm getting tired of the constant pop-ups that happend throughout the game. I really wouldn't mind as much if they didn't cut my engines, stop me dead in space and decloak my bird.

It's especially irritating when you use evasive maneuvers after you pop a ship so YOU don't pop when it's hull explodes, only to have a ruddy pop-up stop you dead in space.... booom.... respawn... more repairs needed when this happens in elite stf.

Note: Yes I should be playing STO right now. But after spending the last few days grinding out my vet ground omega kit, I'm finding moaning about stuff on the forums more entertaining.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM
There is an option in the settings that allows you to continue moving, after encountering a pop-up.

But afraid the pop-ups causing you to cloak has been something of an annoyance for many in the KDF for a very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Like Azurian said, there's an option to not stop moving via dialogue.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
There is an option in the settings that allows you to continue moving, after encountering a pop-up.

But afraid the pop-ups causing you to cloak has been something of an annoyance for many in the KDF for a very long time.
Hmmm, I might log in and look for that then... Just I'm having more fun on the forums right now...
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Beh that option to continue moving when a popup apears never worked for me. Or does not work between zones for me at least.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Bah. I LOVE waiting 20 seconds after each fight to get out of combat since I'll get decloaked if I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricated View Post
Like Azurian said, there's an option to not stop moving via dialogue.
Sector travel dialogues still pop up in queue. If you reach your destination and just click Travel, you may end up somewhere completely different.

Just the other day I left Hromi and was on my way to Eta Edradi. On the way (with stopping for dialogue boxes turned off), my ship strayed near Hromi as it turned around. The Hromi warp dialogue remained up while I traveled the length of the Pi Cannis sector to Eta Edradi. Once I reached the Eta Edradi border, I clicked the Travel button and was immediately placed back into the Hromi Sector.

You can see that there is no winning. Either we get constant dialogue spam and the ship comes to a halt every few seconds, or we crash in to objects and get asked about traveling to destinations long past.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Fair point about Sector space popups for block travel; I don't think those are avoidable. The popups when flying to a system/travel node can be made less instrusive by using the "minimize" arrow at least.

Probably because I've done a lot of DOffing recently, but I've trained myself to "know" when to click "Warp" vs. "Not now" when there will be multiple popups by auto-travelling from one end of a block to another. The Klingon exploration space sectors being a prime example... T'Ong -> Eridon = "Not now" once and then "Warp".

Of course, once (if) we have "one sector to rule them all", moot point.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
If this was added on purpose, I have to feel that it is rather insulting to the new players coming into the game. It means that Cryptic assumed that the new players are so incredibly stupid that they would be completely unable to look up missions under the AVAILABLE tab by pressing J on the keyboard. A simple two step process that they are evidently too dumb to be able to handle. Uhh...nice right foot forward towards the new guys, Cryptic.
You obviously haven't been on ESD listening to people ask "how do I..." in zone chat. What we think is easy and take for granted may be completely unknown to a new player. I can remember when I first started playing, it took me a couple minutes to figure out how to leave the Azura mission when I was done with it.