Lt. Commander
# 141
01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm assuming that the ships "won" via these ingame means will be unlocked only on a per-character basis?

If so, I do hope we'll be seeing an account-wide unlock coming to the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
*Applause*

After so many delays, community rage and problems over the last twelve months, Cryptic, I tip my hat.

That the Odyssey and Bortas are being gifted to us after the grab-box controversy, is fantastic. Seriously: Thank you.

I think it should be noted that supposedly that was the plan all along(to give us the Odyssey class for "free"). So its not that this is some kind of apology/reparations for the grab bag fiasco, its simply them doing what they said they planned on(which in itself is quite impressive).
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I'll take a free Odyssey class or 4 ad a couple of Bortas as partial repayment for The Year of Hell.
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think it should be noted that supposedly that was the plan all along(to give us the Odyssey class for "free"). So its not that this is some kind of apology/reparations for the grab bag fiasco, its simply them doing what they said they planned on(which in itself is quite impressive).
I suppose what I'm getting at Nagus, is that while they said it would be available "free of charge", the term "ingame currency" was still being thrown around, leading to a fair bit of speculation that a hefty Dilthium or EDC/Salvage price tag might be an element.

As it happens, when they say "Free of Charge", they mean it - this is, for all intents and purposes, a 'gift'. And after the year we've had, I can't say I'm going to sniff at it.

Well played, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
I suppose what I'm getting at Nagus, is that while they said it would be available "free of charge", the term "ingame currency" was still being thrown around, leading to a fair bit of speculation that a hefty Dilthium or EDC/Salvage price tag might be an element.

As it happens, when they say "Free of Charge", they mean it - this is, for all intents and purposes, a 'gift'. And after the year we've had, I can't say I'm going to sniff at it.

Well played, Cryptic.
Before Dstahl even left he said it was going to be a mission reward. Just FYI.
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Before Dstahl even left he said it was going to be a mission reward. Just FYI.
...Which, as reiterated multiple times by Devs since then, was no longer assured as his plans and 'promises' for the game went with him.

This was not a guarantee, ever... But it's still nice to see.
Lt. Commander
# 147
01-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
I'm assuming that the ships "won" via these ingame means will be unlocked only on a per-character basis?
Which is very, very likely and would stink for those looking forward to, say, Android or Photonic captains, the fate of which is still somewhere off in limbo, and obviously won't be available for this event, and thus won't be getting their free ships.
Lt. Commander
# 148
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
...Which, as reiterated multiple times by Devs since then, was no longer assured as his plans and 'promises' for the game went with him.

This was not a guarantee, ever... But it's still nice to see.
I agree, it is nice to see them actually carry through on something they had already said they would
Lt. Commander
# 149
01-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Starships and prizes are just part of the celebration. The real joy comes from seeing so many people enjoying the universe Roddenberry created, and sharing in the experience online. I look forward to seeing you all in the Star Trek universe for the celebration!
And you have finally begun to represent Gene's creation. Giving these ships away via the anniversary event might begin your redemption. I shall be watching, like the others.
Lt. Commander
What I need to know is how long until the plus 1 version hits the cstore, and whether it will be an account unlock when it does.