Lt. Commander
# 1 oversight by cryptic?
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
i dont know what is going on but i just started leveling another toon and with the exception of the skill point amounts all the missions reward the same personal armour and shield. the exact same ones. is it just me or is this really stupid. somebody suggested to me that maybe it had to do with helping the f2p people outfit their boffs faster..i dont buy that answer..anybody else got an idea about this please fill me in
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
That sounds like a bug, you should probably fill out a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombietrucker View Post
i dont know what is going on but i just started leveling another toon and with the exception of the skill point amounts all the missions reward the same personal armour and shield. the exact same ones. is it just me or is this really stupid. somebody suggested to me that maybe it had to do with helping the f2p people outfit their boffs faster..i dont buy that answer..anybody else got an idea about this please fill me in
Rewards now scale to level... (and I've been getting some nice MkX - MkXI with my VA character catching up on missed episodes...) Have you been 'matching' the level of the F2P people you've been helping, as the rewards would then scale to the 'matched' level...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
no i had the same thing when i started a new toon. for each mission that would offer armor as the reward it would be the same armor, mark and buffs. However it was properly scaled to the level of my character, so while the items offered as reward are scalling correctly, it might be a bug with the items offered.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksim_enrol View Post
no i had the same thing when i started a new toon. for each mission that would offer armor as the reward it would be the same armor, mark and buffs. However it was properly scaled to the level of my character, so while the items offered as reward are scalling correctly, it might be a bug with the items offered.
Oh... If you're talking about the 'variety' of rewards, then no... they are fixed per episode... (Though some of the episodes do offer 'unique' item rewards that can only be obtained by completing that mission, some of them which desirable enough to repeat the episode at higher Ranks)

http://www.stowiki.org/Episode_replay
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Oh... If you're talking about the 'variety' of rewards, then no... they are fixed per episode... (Though some of the episodes do offer 'unique' item rewards that can only be obtained by completing that mission, some of them which desirable enough to repeat the episode at higher Ranks)

http://www.stowiki.org/Episode_replay
no i mean that for three or four missions i would recieve the same item as reward. i tell you getting 3 copys of a mk IV Energy Dampaning Armor with bonus for disruptors is great, but not when you get it for diplomatic orders, hide and seek and stop the signal. makes it less great when it is the only thing you get
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Thats a bug, and you should log it
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 09:07 PM
if someone hasn't already by the next time i log in i will. but as it stands now i'm at ds9 and already made RA
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
if someone hasn't already by the next time i log in i will. but as it stands now i'm at ds9 and already made RA
You should because I for one am not seeing your symptoms
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
nononono... Not good...

You HAVE to submit a bug report, regardless if someone else has or not.

Think of it like this: What would you prioritize higher?

- The bug that affects 1 player

... or ...

- The bug that affects 1000 players

If they see a bug that has only been reported by a single person they will be thinking "meh... we need to fix what bugs most people first"... needs of the many.