Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Vessels are OP!!!
01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
"I look forward to the Cruisers are OP thread and the Science is OP thread next." - Roach

First!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
"I look forward to the Cruisers are OP thread and the Science is OP thread next." - Roach

First!!!!!!
Unbelievably OP! I'll never fly sci
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
The title should be Fed Sci Vessels everyone know KDF does not have anything that compares to the worst fed SV
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
So entertaining.
I'm inviting friends and chilling beer as we speak.

Though one must admit that STO has become a game of Spin the Bottle and whom or what is to be OP next.
So much so my head is still spinning.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm sure a Sci with the MACO shields will be ridiculously hard to kill at this point...

I'm thinking about testing one out with almost all offensive skills with a tac officer to see how it works.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
The title should be Fed Sci Vessels everyone know KDF does not have anything that compares to the worst fed SV
Actually, I'd say it is safe to say that the Varanus is the best sci ship in the game. It has the BOFF layout of a DSSV and can launch repair platforms, which are more valuable than the Intrepid's ablative. Oh, and try keeping one targetted, see what happens
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
I'm sure a Sci with the MACO shields will be ridiculously hard to kill at this point...

I'm thinking about testing one out with almost all offensive skills with a tac officer to see how it works.
My Eng/RSV with MACO shields gets me many PMs yelling at me for double shielding.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Actually, I'd say it is safe to say that the Varanus is the best sci ship in the game. It has the BOFF layout of a DSSV and can launch repair platforms, which are more valuable than the Intrepid's ablative. Oh, and try keeping one targetted, see what happens
It's funny because it went from the worst Sci ship (and arguably the worst ship overall) to the best Sci ship very quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Yeah true, Feds don't have CARRIERS after all (Great for sci) or UNIVERSAL BO SLOTS... yeah keep dreaming...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
My Eng/RSV with MACO shields gets me many PMs yelling at me for double shielding.
I just ran a tac/sci ship combo in Kerrat...

Had at one point 4 klinks on me, they managed to get my hull down a bit with Feedback pulse until of course I just didnt shoot back. But I never died, not even close.

I just spend the whole time effing with them with sci ship fun skills until they finally just gave up and stopped shooting at me, LOL!

Could you imagine a Bird of Prey with a MACO shield?