Lt. Commander
# 151
01-23-2012, 08:45 AM
All the balance of a teeter-totter, first one side is up and the other side is down, then something new is tweaked or released and the teeter-totter swings the balance to the otherside and then it will come back again on the next new release item.....
Lt. Commander
# 152
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I just submitted bug report #1,263,048. The MACO shields always grant 75% shield resist, completely independent of any shield resist abilities and shield power level.

My guess: instead of multiplying damage by .9 for the 10% damage reduction, j-man multiplied by .1 and then the 75% resist cap reduced that to the hard cap of .25.
Lt. Commander
# 153
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
all these sets are really out of hand. its one thing for them to have equipment as good as purples with 1 additional effect, but beyond that is too much, and some of the set bonuses are absurdly good and you give up nothing for it.

its beyond something innocent like those who grind through stf's are rewarded with equipment that have unique and beneficial effects. what it is actually is those who grind through stfs get hilariously OP equipment without equal, and they have a huge effect on player verses player combat.
Speaking to the STF sets though, considering the extraordinary grind required to obtain them, they deserve to be substantially better than other gear that can be obtained with "relative ease". It's not like anyone can go in and run a few STFs and come out on the other side with OP gear- people are running 300+ elite STFs and still not seeing any of the Mk XII gear. You're talking an effort investment of 10-100x (even perhaps 1000x) higher than getting any of the other equipment. At that investment level, it certainly deserves to be good.

I'm not opposed to bringing the STF sets back down to keep PvP balance, but in doing so they MUST reduce the ridiculous grind needed to obtain them.
Lt. Commander
# 154
01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Speaking to the STF sets though, considering the extraordinary grind required to obtain them, they deserve to be substantially better than other gear that can be obtained with "relative ease". It's not like anyone can go in and run a few STFs and come out on the other side with OP gear- people are running 300+ elite STFs and still not seeing any of the Mk XII gear. You're talking an effort investment of 10-100x (even perhaps 1000x) higher than getting any of the other equipment. At that investment level, it certainly deserves to be good.

I'm not opposed to bringing the STF sets back down to keep PvP balance, but in doing so they MUST reduce the ridiculous grind needed to obtain them.

The problem with this view is that mk 12 gear is not substantially better than mk 11 or mk 10. It takes 20 STFs at the most to get the a shield with only a few hundred lower shield capacity and a few points of regen less than the mk 12 stuff. It has all the same modifiers. 20 STFs does not take long at all.
Lt. Commander
# 155
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
There's been some talk here, and on the PvP forums, about the MACO Shield being completely OP. I thought maybe folks were just finally recognizing the value of resilient shields, but then I looked at the actual mods again...

Yes, MACO shields are broked. I accidentally set their bonus to "reduce all incoming shield damage TO 10%" instead of "reduce all incoming shield damage BY 10%"

Also, they gained an erroneous CAP bonus that will soon be removed.

I realize this will look like a big, fat nerf to some. But honestly, the shield will still be a cut above almost everything else out there, even after these bugs are fixed. Which will be very soon -- I checked in the data changes last night.
Lt. Commander
# 156
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
I thought maybe folks were just finally recognizing the value of resilient shields
Thats the mistake. "people" already knew the value.

My sci has numerous capx2 dmg type consoles. Also people arent recognizing the value of resilients,

Quote:
They are recognizing the value of resilient that have insane cap
Lt. Commander
# 157
01-26-2012, 09:41 AM
THANK YOU!!

That's a relatively quick Dev response, and the solution sounds like it will be live soon. Most excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 158
01-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
There's been some talk here, and on the PvP forums, about the MACO Shield being completely OP. I thought maybe folks were just finally recognizing the value of resilient shields, but then I looked at the actual mods again...

Yes, MACO shields are broked. I accidentally set their bonus to "reduce all incoming shield damage TO 10%" instead of "reduce all incoming shield damage BY 10%"

I realize this will look like a big, fat nerf to some. But honestly, the shield will still be a cut above almost everything else out there, even after these bugs are fixed. Which will be very soon -- I checked in the data changes last night.

Lt. Commander
# 159
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:

Wow and a big thank you to you sir.
Lt. Commander
# 160
01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:

I think you borticussed the bolded word a little. Ahem.

Mustrum"How angry or uncomfortable would you be if I made verbing your name like that a habit, Borticus?" Ridcully