Lt. Commander
# 1 Vice Admiral rank PVP...
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
The queue's are dead for ground PVP. This is really silly. There's nothing to do now that I hit Vice Admiral, since the STF's are kind of pointless. It takes hours upon hours of multiple tries to win a good drop in a public match and I'm not really into the idea of joining a guild.

What's the big deal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSev
The queue's are dead for ground PVP. This is really silly. There's nothing to do now that I hit Vice Admiral, since the STF's are kind of pointless. It takes hours upon hours of multiple tries to win a good job in a public match and I'm not really into the idea of joining a guild.

What's the big deal?
First, I am required to respond with "lolground!"

Now that that's out of the way, you'll find that most people really don't like the ground portions of this game. Competitive PvP is all about Space, which is where you'll find all of the PvP players.

Wait another week or two for all the new F2P to get to max rank and the ground ques *MIGHT* see a bit of life again, or you might get lucky and find a fleet that has players who enjoy ground, and PvP with them, but beyond that don't expect to get que pops very often.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
First, I am required to respond with "lolground!"

Now that that's out of the way, you'll find that most people really don't like the ground portions of this game. Competitive PvP is all about Space, which is where you'll find all of the PvP players.

Wait another week or two for all the new F2P to get to max rank and the ground ques *MIGHT* see a bit of life again, or you might get lucky and find a fleet that has players who enjoy ground, and PvP with them, but beyond that don't expect to get que pops very often.
First of all, the obligatory LOLground, from me.

Secondly, yep, that about sums it up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
i should try my hand at ground pvp since we got points there now.

but then again lolground, so

but hey, as long as your having fun killing bad guys...

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Ya'know, I actually enjoy ground PvP. I sort of wish there was more of it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Wait, Theres ground PVP?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 03:00 PM
I like the ground PvP way better than space PvP. I'm always top of the score list when I do manage to play ground.

I don't understand why people don't like it, or what this "lolground" meme is.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSev
I like the ground PvP way better than space PvP. I'm always top of the score list when I do manage to play ground.

I don't understand why people don't like it, or what this "lolground" meme is.
no reward, no point, no rankings and no reason. bout sums it up. but dont take this comment as reason to add uber pvp shirt u can only get thru ground.. i still wont do it, id just be ****ed more
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2012, 06:09 AM
When i last played i swear they were talking about re-doing the ground system.. Clearly they didn't

Also lolground
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Ground in sto, has the second worst UI I have ever seen, powers don't even key up when pressed if you are activating another ability at the same time, (ditto for firing weapons) it's prone to lag (which is strange given how bare the maps are, and how little particle effects there are), the powers are even less balanced than space combat.

Most importantly, we all have access to much better ground games in other games.... not so much in the starship department.

also lolground.