Lt. Commander
# 61 Week 54
01-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Well folks another week has passed and still no fix to the decloaking "bug", "feature", "game error" or whatever anyone else wishes to call it. Instead of rehashing the same thing again this week (just to remind Cryptic many of us haven't forgotten they have done nothing to correct this issue), my twisted mind started turning and I have a new approach. Let me talk in $Cryptic$ terms. Cryptic is selling in the C-Store ships that cloak, ranging from $10-$25, and within the description is the cloak as a feature. To me this is a product they are selling to the consumer via the C-Store. Is this false or misleading advertising to the comsumer, when by the very nature, this feature is broken by the game environment they have refused to correct? The most extreme example is the B'rel Refit, a $20 ship whose primary feature is an "Enhanced Battle Cloak" This feature is suppose to allow the ship to launch projectile weapons while in a cloaked status. There is nothing else special about the ship the hull points and shields are the lowest for a Lt. Gen ship. So why would the consumer buy it? The battle cloak, which at the whim of a pop-up negates the entire reason people purchased the ship.
If Cryptic continues to ignore and make excuses why they have not fixed a basic mechanic in the environment for over a year, maybe it is time to call customer service and demand that our C-points are returned to us for any ship we bought that has "cloak" listed as a feature. We spent real money to buy these ships, we should expect that they work properly in STO's game environment.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-27-2012, 05:25 AM
The Klingon one should show a disheveled Orion female, in the text it should read “Was that my butt that just hit the de-cloak button? Well that’s ok, if today is a good day to die I need to fix my face.”

I'm still waiting. Thomas the Cryptic Cat (or anyone with some artistic talent)?
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-27-2012, 07:06 AM
I hated both the cloaking bug and pop ups. I was trying to get them to remove the pop ups after launch.

It completely boggles my mind why anyone would design a video game with pop ups. When the game first launched you couldn't move the dialog box at all. It completely obstructed the view and blocked the center of the screen, really frustrating. There is absolutely no reason for these at all. It's real easy to open the log to read the text.

I have tried many times to get a check box option to keep the dialog box from coming up. I'm sure they could do it and send the text to the chat box.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
there comes a point where you have to make a call of where time is best spent. perhaps its a lost cause.
Yeah fixing major bugs is a lost cause. Who do these players think they are? Some of them act like they are actually spending money to play the game. Bunch of ungrateful people.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
Yeah fixing major bugs is a lost cause. Who do these players think they are? Some of them act like they are actually spending money to play the game. Bunch of ungrateful people.
In a lot of these cases, haven't they said they want you to be decloaked at the start of combat and that starting combat cloaked is more of a PvP feature that they don't want extended to missions?
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they already tried to fix this before with little overall success. this is a massive bug because it requires them to adjust every space map in the entire game. if it was easy to fix they would have done it by now. saying it should be fixed inside a week might sound more than doable but its no where near that simple.
Well PWE have taken over they have the capital and the new recruitment drive so they can afford and invest the time to FIX this problem.

Oh hang on, they will MILK every last peny out of the c-store cash cow...

Nothing will get invested into fixing and improving the whole ST experience in this game only new shiny shinys, and I'm forgetting the total bribe giveaway coming up, to make us forget the incompentencies and lies that have been spoon fed to us...

So apart from not playing the game "which is coming up to 4 months ago", I'm only logging in on the 2nd Feb to cash in on the ENTER MY PRIZE "HERE"

TOR is ruling my freetime where as previously it was STO... then it was a complete downhill slide...
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-27-2012, 10:07 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I did several story missions yesterday with cloaking ships (Galaxy-X and Defiant-R) while level matching a friend who was levelling up, and to my surprise, I noted I wasn't being decloaked from the dialogue popups (was doing missions in the Romulan story arc).

So it seems like it's fixed in some places at least.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
you're not reading what im saying. im clearly not saying or implying that people should not want it fixed. people can talk and complain about bugs all they want.

your sarcasm aside, what im trying to say, and this is just a hypothetical, in a business you spend your time in the most efficient and time effective way. this bug may be very complex to fix and so complex that the time would be better spent fixing other bugs that are equally important but less tricky to fix.

they said they tried to fix it before and if it was time consuming as they said and it failed to fix the problem then its time wasted. if they try to fix it again and the same problem persists then again its more time being wasted. all along there are a dozen other threads complaining about multiple other issues that also need fixing and are all important to someone. im not suggesting bugs should not be fixed, what im trying to explain is why something dont always get fixed.

try putting yourself into a devs shoes for a moment and imagine you have a limited amount of time and resources and one bug is causing your all kinds of problems, to track down, and fix without breaking everything else. do you waste valuable time on this one bug or do you admit defeat, at least for now, and try to fix everything else, or do you throw time and effort into one bug and ignore other stuff no matter how long and how time consuming it is? fixing bugs can even break other stuff. it may need to be timed to coincide with something else that is not due to be done for a couple of months so its best to wait and coordinate them together.

so yes things can become a lost cause under limited time and budget.
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
This whole issue, when I look at it as a whole, sounds completely ridiculous. I know there was a post looong ago that explained the intricacies of the issue. I can't seem to find it. Forgive me if I seem uninformed, but is it possible for Cryptic to just ditch all the current cloaking abilities in the game and just create brand new cloaking powers and have those replace the old ones? Ones that are NOT affected by dialogue pop-ups?