01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Wow. Kirk only stole a starship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Shipyard cloaking experiement gone wrong. :p

(Noticed that bug when the Shipyard was introduced when the Qo'nos revamp was in testing.. This wans't on Tribble was it?.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

(Noticed that bug when the Shipyard was introduced when the Qo'nos revamp was in testing.. This wans't on Tribble was it?.)
Remember the K-7 cloaking incident? Prolly the same... O_O
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

As I recall it was in but some people didn't notice it because Tribble has its own graphics settings (resolution etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Huh. I actually only had to go down to 188%, but I dont understand that. Why would something disappear at a greater distance? That seems like the opposite of how it should work.
Some objects are designed to appear at certain distances,much like some are high detail objects. (Half the lovely details on Cardassian buildings don't show up at all on less than full display quality.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Specifically, I think what's going on is that distance works kinda like echo location. Things are drawn not by theirproximity to YOU but based on their proximity to the outer rim you've set with draw distance.

By setting it at over 100%, you may be close to the object but high detail objects are further from your outer rim.

My suspecion is you'd see it from far away but it disappears as you get closer on high draw distances.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-28-2012, 04:46 AM
I don't recall which, but it's either a video setting in options or graphic cards that caused it. turning something down will return it to normal. had the same prob last year. could also have been Q
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Little noob Q (the young one from next generation) probably had a son that is starting to go out on his own now
you'r thinking of Q Jr, and he was from Voyager, not TNG, he's the Q we are actually seeing in game, no the DeLancie Q.

So would Q Jr's Brat be Called Q the 3rd?