Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek Offline
01-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Sad to say that every single time the last week Iīm gonna log in to play the server goes down for fixes or restarts. Itīs extremly anoying to pay for something that you canīt play. I understand the situation, but really; Canīt you fix so that you donīt need quite so much downtime. Star Trek Offline is not funny...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 06:42 AM
they have explained before, there is an issue involving character data that requires a server restart. they are being very careful with it because character data is one of the most important aspects of any mmo. they are working but until its sorted there will be downtime more than usual.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 06:45 AM
so you dont want them to fix the game?

Did you hear that devs your job is done the game is whole and people just want to play it the way it is now with no new content or bug fixes or fixes of any kind that will help improve the game play (i am being sarcastic of course)

Do something else go and play a different game, read a book go out side. its better they do regular fixes that take an hour or 2 to do rather than having the entire game come crashing down for a day or so
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Star Trek Offline is quite hilarious actually. The forum rage is fun to read.

Every MMO has problems and every MMO has downtimes. Funny thing is, in the last week or so since F2P has launched, the game has been surprisingly stable compared to other launches before it. I never thought I'd say it but Cryptic actually had gotten it together for F2P.

One or two hours of not playing is better than a half or a whole day of no access, from my past experience with other games.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
so you dont want them to fix the game?
Did you know that Blizzard often gives 24h free gametime for excessive downtimes?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Star Trek Offline is quite hilarious actually. The forum rage is fun to read.

Every MMO has problems and every MMO has downtimes. Funny thing is, in the last week or so since F2P has launched, the game has been surprisingly stable compared to other launches before it. I never thought I'd say it but Cryptic actually had gotten it together for F2P.

One or two hours of not playing is better than a half or a whole day of no access, from my past experience with other games.
What is ironic is that when they had that last mass influx of members with the feature episode series, the Romulan ones and the game kept crashing right after it was released because of the mass influx of players, people freaked out and said it should have been done prior. Now that they are doing it before it crashes, people are complaining because they are loosing time with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Did you know that Blizzard often gives 24h free gametime for excessive downtimes?
If this were a Blizzard game I would not be playing it. Blizzard games bring in a type of player I refuse to associate with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
For WoW, excessive downtime is usually in the range of 6+ hours though. Cryptic has done little more then a one hour server restart.

Even assuming they did this once a day, for a week, that's only 7 hours you're losing. There's still 23 more hours in the day.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Look... no one is saying that the downtime is fun, or that we are blindly accepting it... But... This is our characters we are talking about... For me my gametime on my main alone counts for almost 200 full days.

They are working overtime and weekend to fix this... Thats why they can even shut them down in the first place...

Is it anoying as hell? Yes...

Will it remain this way? No.

Eventually it will go back to normal (hopefully... people won't put up with it forever).
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
It's odd. DCUO resets their servers everyday for 1hr and no one complains at all. They just wait till the servers are back up and go play again.

No rage, no 'epic fail' threads etc etc...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Look... no one is saying that the downtime is fun, or that we are blindly accepting it... But... This is our characters we are talking about... For me my gametime on my main alone counts for almost 200 full days.

They are working overtime and weekend to fix this... Thats why they can even shut them down in the first place...

Is it anoying as hell? Yes...

Will it remain this way? No.

Eventually it will go back to normal (hopefully... people won't put up with it forever).
Excellent post agree 100 percent Id rather them take it down for a restart than have something happen to the characters ive invested so much time and in many cases C-Points into.
Closed Thread