Lt. Commander
Hey there,

First of all thank you for reading this. I have made this for myself but desided to share it.
look here first: http://youtu.be/E36riuRuXX4

So what is this: in short, an android theme. But not as you know it

This is not the best quality but suitable for my tablet, which is some chinese knockoff running android 2.2 with a lovely 800x480 screen resolution. Besides this, i also have zero knowledge on how to actually make icons. I used a lot of workarounds and the classic paint xD. If you do know how to improve this then please do.

Allthough i have made this, they are simple paint pics with some colors i got from star trek online ingame print screen. As well as some information and colors i got from http://www.lcarscom.net/faq.htm so im guessing no copyright infringements. if so.. let me know and i get rid of this.

okay so here's how to do this.

First of all you need an android device. As i said before this has been made with a tablet in mind. So i have no idea if this will look good on a phone.

download the pics: http://www.2shared.com/file/qrGluP6u/LCARS_STO.html

What you need is VTL Launcher ( or ADW Launcher for phones )
For information on this program check their website, or google.
My tablet runs on Uberroid custom firmware and had this pre-installed.

In VTL Launcher you have to change some settings.

In Screen preferences, mark [hide statusbar],mark [hide icon labels], and mark [autostretch]. Set the desktop columns and rows to 10.

In General behavior, set the swipe down action to [Show/hide statusbar]. Set the swipe up action to [open/close app drawer].

In System preferences, set the home orientation to [landscape].

In UI settings, unmark [right], [left], and [lower dockbars]. For the [highlights press color] i used #ff00ffea but anything you like will do. Mark [show desktop indicator], unmark [autohide desktop indicator], set the indicator type to [sliding paginator top].

These are the main settings you need in VTL / ADW Launcher. But you can see if other settings work better for you.

Apart from this you also need the program Desktop visualiser.
after you installed this, here's what you do:

Clear all your prgrams and widgets from your homescreens. Then by long pressing the screen or using the menu button and selecting add, you select: [Widgets], Choose [Desktop Visualiser](1x2, or any other you can change it later)

It opens Desktop Visualiser, here you select an [icon], this is one of the .png files you downloaded here, select one, and after this select the [action] for this icon. This can be an application, a widget or NONE, then press OK and you are done.. well almost, you need to do this for every single icon. So it does require some time.

For the most upper icons, ( like tactical, engineering etc,) i have set those to 10x2 for the best result. Without the statusbar showing.

Now before you all start shouting, yes i know not everything alligns perfectly, especially when the statusbar is showing. i have no clue how to fix this so dont ask me to :-)

Another note, i found that on my tablet, when it starts up, not all icons allways show up, i sometimes have to use: Menu button, VTL Settings, Restart VTL, to get them to show up. Apart from that i advise you to put the icon pics on your devices internal storage, not the SD card, it seems to work better that way.

I am using these icon files for all my programs and settings, divided over 5 homescreens, i do have 2 widgets, one is from Weather Widgets, The smallest one, and one is from DIGI CLock, both found in the android market.

Apart from this i am also using a small program called BAC Lite, this can change your boot screen. Use this at your own risk.

Some icon pics are just regular pictures i used because i like them,like the voyager side view, you can change those offcourse. Just keep the new picture at the same size as the ones i used.

If you look at he website http://www.lcarscom.net/faq.htm and download the fonts i used there, you can easily change the icons using paint. So if you need other names or colors you can do that. You are free to do so, in fact, make it better if you can

anyway, i hope you enjoy this. Its great to show to other trekkies

mike@mpfromnl.

{fun facts for nerds like me}
- the calendar icon shows a stardate which is 01-01-2000 00:00
- when typing all the 1's and 0's from the personell file in a binary translater you get: live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 07:22 AM
nice if i had a tablet i would give it a try . gives the thing a nice PADD felling
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM-Ntek View Post
nice if i had a tablet i would give it a try . gives the thing a nice PADD felling
That is what i was going for, a nice personal acces display device xD
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 08:27 AM
LCARS theme would be very nice to have on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I approve!
Ensign
# 5
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
That is what i was going for, a nice personal acces display device xD

I surely have the tablet to try it out. Will post my review pretty soon
Captain
# 6
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Ancient thread resurfacing is against the rules!

But ... thank you for finding it

---post above is cmdrscarlet's---

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Closed Thread