Lt. Commander
# 91
01-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
I've never heard of it either...lol
It's the sequel to PotBS, made as a replacement for Tabula Rasa after Hellgate London went the way of the Matrix Online.
Lt. Commander
# 92
Wow, the downtime today is epic. What the hail happened?
Lt. Commander
# 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I'm not raging. I'm enjoying 2 hours in the forums instead of in the game. But you can't really claim 2 hours of downtime during 5pm to 7pm is the same as having 2 hours of downtime during 4am to 6am. All consumer rights organizations would agree.
To be perfectly fair were the downtime to occur at 4am to 6am in the United Kingdom it would be 8pm to 10pm in California, which isn't exactly business hours. There is no happy median here simply because California is 8 hours behind London. During which stretch of time would you schedule a two hour maintenance period that would appease the need for the developers to actually be present in-studio without inconveniencing their primary customer base (read: North Americans)?

The UFC doesn't schedule Pay-Per-View events at 3PM so that Europeans can watch it during prime time, since the UFC is a US-based entity. Why would Cryptic Studios be any different? I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to be in your position but I am saying that you're being a slight bit unreasonable. You're already connecting to a game server located in the United States in order to play a game developed by Americans and published by Chinese.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The downtime is for 3 hours. and started less than an hour ago. Also the downtimes are posted ahead of time, it was no surprise it was happening.
Someone said the downtime was for 31 minutes. Where'd they get that 31 minutes figure from? I'm confused.
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Someone woke up on the wrong foot today...

These people are trying to tell you that...never mind...why bother...you will only listen to your own voice anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Game's back up. QQ can stop.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Someone said the downtime was for 31 minutes. Where'd they get that 31 minutes figure from? I'm confused.
at 59 minutes in they said it had 31 left. when it was originally going to be 1hr 30.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Not calling you a liar... but the game has been out for essentially 2 years... or approximately 700 days... humans spend about 1/3 of their life sleeping, so thats 466 days available... youve spent over half you waking hours playing sto?! You uneed a life dude, take a break
Life without a job... Needed somthing to keep me occupied while everyone else was at work and I was seeking a job...

(in short: No kidding, but STO has kept me Semi-sane)
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
Game's back up. QQ can stop.
This is the STO forums.

QQ stopping?

You SO crazy!
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
To be perfectly fair were the downtime to occur at 4am to 6am in the United Kingdom it would be 8pm to 10pm in California, which isn't exactly business hours. There is no happy median here simply because California is 8 hours behind London. During which stretch of time would you schedule a two hour maintenance period that would appease the need for the developers to actually be present in-studio without inconveniencing their primary customer base (read: North Americans)?

The UFC doesn't schedule Pay-Per-View events at 3PM so that Europeans can watch it during prime time, since the UFC is a US-based entity. Why would Cryptic Studios be any different? I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to be in your position but I am saying that you're being a slight bit unreasonable. You're already connecting to a game server located in the United States in order to play a game developed by Americans and published by Chinese.
Actually PWE is based in California. PWI is based in China. Although, yes, PWE is just another 'branch' of PWI.
Closed Thread