Lt. Commander
# 1 Continuity Error
01-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I noticed a continuity error in the mission journal today. As I recall, we first discover that Franklin Drake is with Section 31 in "Under the Cover of Night" (Romulan Front). However, the Devidian series (in which Drake serves as a mission giver) is mixed in with the Klingon Front, and therefore accessible before the Romulan Front.

Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to see that fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
I noticed a continuity error in the mission journal today. As I recall, we first discover that Franklin Drake is with Section 31 in "Under the Cover of Night" (Romulan Front). However, the Devidian series (in which Drake serves as a mission giver) is mixed in with the Klingon Front, and therefore accessible before the Romulan Front.

Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to see that fixed.
The reason for this is that the Devidian missions are set AFTER the events in the Romulan and Cardassian front missions(just like the Defari and Reman Feature Episode missions). Because they are level dependent missions, they are playable before they occur chronoligically. That is the cause of your confusion. Don't suggest that they be pushed back as that will only make the grind to VA worse. (also, you may get flamed)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Well they could fix that by just making them some other section 31 operative. and then you get contacted later by drake.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 12:14 AM
The mission where Drake was the defector has been updated for a while now. There's now a 'noname' female agent who is the 'defector'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I know the Devidian arc is set after, but those missions are playable before the Romulan Front is even unlocked. So 99% of players are gonna know Drake's in Section 31 before they play the mission where you actually discover it.

I'm not suggesting they push it back, I'm suggesting they pull the Romulan arc forward. In fact, I think that's what should be done with all the Fronts. Once you play five missions of Klingon Front, Romulan Front is unlocked. Once you play five missions of Romulan Front, Cardassian Front is unlocked. So on and so on. That would also break up the "threaded storyline" style that many are criticizing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
The mission where Drake was the defector has been updated for a while now. There's now a 'noname' female agent who is the 'defector'.
She also seems to know that you've already had dealings with Drake.

I noticed they also redid the mission in the Cardassian front where you meet Drake, which originally foreshadowed your future recruitment by S31. The ship's actually been taken over by Undine now, it's not a simulation. Drake doesn't show up and flip his lid before turning off the holodeck - you fight it out with the Undine captain and retake the ship.

So rather than the continuity errors that originally crept in with the story threading, Drake just pops in out of nowhere basically like every other mission giver you meet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post

I noticed they also redid the mission in the Cardassian front where you meet Drake, which originally foreshadowed your future recruitment by S31. The ship's actually been taken over by Undine now, it's not a simulation. Drake doesn't show up and flip his lid before turning off the holodeck - you fight it out with the Undine captain and retake the ship.

So rather than the continuity errors that originally crept in with the story threading, Drake just pops in out of nowhere basically like every other mission giver you meet.
You might be confusing 2 missions there, I did that mission just after christmas and it was still a holodeck simulation, I think there's a separate one where the undine takeover is real.

Back on topic - Destinii is correct, I was suprised when I did that mission recently and Drake had finally been replaced to get rid of the plotholes. The only bug is that the button at the bottom right of your screen you han hit to talk to the person at the end is still labeled Franklin Drake rather than whatever her name is,
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 02:35 AM
You have to be careful with all these Drake inquiries. It's almost like dividing by zero, bad things will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post

The Mission "Wargames" is where the Undine have taken over the U.S.S. Athens. This is the best mission to earn the Federation kill accolade for Fed characters. Once you beam down the first time, don't use the jeffferies tube to change maps. At thait point, beam out, wait a few minutes (say 15) then beam back in again.

The other mission in the Cardassian sector inolves the U.S.S. Obsidian. The CLAIM is that the Undine have caused the telepathic members of the crew to go berserk. Like tthe others said, the ground part of the mission occurs on a holodeck. I really wish the programers would change the mission so that even the holographic characters defeated count towards the Federation kill accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Basically they changed the entire S31 arc when they reordered the missions and updated the missions involved.

Chronology before Revamp:-

- Under the Cover of Night
- Suspect
- Devidian Series

Now, in Season 5, they moved the Devidian Series to before the Romulan series and before/during the B'vat arc (which makes sense considering B'vat is encountered in the very last mission). This is the current order:-

- Devidian Series
- Under the Cover of Night
- Suspect

This created the continuity error you speak of because you know about Drake being part of S31 before you first meet him. So they reowrded and changed the mission so that Drake introduces himself in "Skirmish" (the first Devidian mission). Then the decided to replace Drake altogether with another S31 operative (a Vulcan I believe) in the Romulan mission "Under the Cover of Night" to reform the storyline for it to make sense.

In suspect, this is the mission NeilCell just talked about, the one that Drake tests you and it is all a simulation. This still makes sense for the holo-simulation (however I do not know if the mission is still staged by Drake and is a test or genuine, they could have changed it however I do not remember )