Lt. Commander
I have a question about the upcoming featured series. I was wondering what level we have to be in order to start the upcoming series. Also if we have to be a certain level like the other featured series will we have to gain level with each new episode.. Something else I would like to know is if we have to complete all the other story arcs before we can start this new features series.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Most likely it'll be treated like Q's winter Wonderland. You will have to be LT6 in order to get in but Klingons may have access from the start. You will not have to earn a rank between each level. That being said, if they award XP under the new award scheme, completing the episode itself will grant you a new rank.

The feature episodes will be most likely be serial. So you will have to finish episode one to move to episode two. But if you don't finish this particular series, it will have no affect on your ability to play future series. And other than your rank, your progress in the main arc has no bearing on your ability to play this series.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
besides that most new FE EP content that has been released by cryptic over the last two years has seen a massive spike in players, last year alone when the reman arc came out, the servers literally couldnt handle the amount of players and a server cap was put in place for a small while. the other thing is that each EP will probably be released one every week, so plenty of time to get some time put aside for each EP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
besides that most new FE EP content that has been released by cryptic over the last two years has seen a massive spike in players, last year alone when the reman arc came out, the servers literally couldnt handle the amount of players and a server cap was put in place for a small while. the other thing is that each EP will probably be released one every week, so plenty of time to get some time put aside for each EP.
I remember the server cap I was in about 2 hours before the launch and my cousin was placed in a queue and got in about an hour after the release so most people had finished the first episode. I was just wondering since all the changes they had if they might implement this new FE with their new setup. I miss the Breen series being the first now they made it the last. Also I have been here since day one launch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I think they said 10, but even they were not sure. I would expect somewhere between 6-10 as a rough estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
Thats not quite 100% accurate, while they did crash they said it could handle the number of people (as they had more people at launch for example) but there was some technical hiccups they had not planned for which caused the problem when there were so many people. but it was not the number of people itself causing the problem, it just triggered the problem. It only really affected I think 2 out of the 5 eps and the previous two series were fine.

Hopefully as they have made their preparations for the large number of players with F2P already it should be OK (again baring technical problems) as come the 11th we may see the biggest spike ever now anyone can play it.