Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Last I heard the tech was all in place, all the androids were designed, and Cryptic basically just had to push the "go" button. So, I'd give 5 or 6 months, based on Cryptic's previous record of getting new things rolled out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2012, 12:57 PM
They've been swamped getting everything else ready to go, specifically the Dominion FE.

Based on what we know, though, they're in the final stretch of the real busy stuff, what with F2P out, the Dominion FE nearly ready, and the Ent-F/bortaS in their final "balance" passes. So for my money, I think they'll be able to get to it sometime after March 10th, when the last Dominion FE goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
They've been swamped getting everything else ready to go, specifically the Dominion FE.

Based on what we know, though, they're in the final stretch of the real busy stuff, what with F2P out, the Dominion FE nearly ready, and the Ent-F/bortaS in their final "balance" passes. So for my money, I think they'll be able to get to it sometime after March 10th, when the last Dominion FE goes live.
That would only be a couple of months after they said it would be live - far too soon for Cryptic, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom
That would only be a couple of months after they said it would be live - far too soon for Cryptic, IMO.
Well, to play cynic for a moment, I did say "based on what we know". We don't know if they have any other huge projects planned for immediately after the next FE that could tie it up even longer. They might jump right on the next FE, which while awesome for the general population, would severely tick off those waiting for their Android options. It could take months to get in. It might never get in, the same way "New Hair Tech" had been talked up and even shown off (see: Targ hair shoulder pads).

Of course anyone who reads my posts frequently knows I may be a tr-erm, hobgoblin at times, but I'm also one to err on the side of cautious optimism. So my $5 is still on post-March 10th.