Lt. Commander
What I mean is, do you think Cryptic (or Perfect World, or whatever) will ever bring back the Liberated Borg as a playable race? It'd be cool if they did.

It'd be cooler if, in addition to making it available, they made in a reward for achieving an accolade. Like, if you become assimilated X number of times, or something, you unlock an option which allows you to, when changing your appearance through a tailor, change your character's current race to Liberated Borg.

And it'd be REALLY cool if you could play one for free.

Your thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd like it as part of a new extended story line available after Lv50.
The story would branch off and your character would be assimilated and rescued by your crew.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRothwell
What I mean is, do you think Cryptic (or Perfect World, or whatever) will ever bring back the Liberated Borg as a playable race? It'd be cool if they did.

It'd be cooler if, in addition to making it available, they made in a reward for achieving an accolade. Like, if you become assimilated X number of times, or something, you unlock an option which allows you to, when changing your appearance through a tailor, change your character's current race to Liberated Borg.

And it'd be REALLY cool if you could play one for free.

Your thoughts?
The liberated borg playable race was never removed so there is nothing to bring back. It is and always has been limited to lifetime subscribers. I doubt they'll make it unlockable through an accolade because they want money. Best case scenario it goes on the cstore. Still, I can't see them removin a lifetime bonus unless they replace it with something new.

I do agree that we should make any race a liberated borg, not just humans and klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 10:01 PM
While I'd love to have lib borg as a race (My current human tac is roleplayed as a liberated borg), I would prefer something more like having some more borg parts added to the tailor, maybe as a unique 'assimilated' costume set during some sort of borg featured series or something. That way, as others said, you could have 'liberated borg' for Andorians, Trill, etc, besides having to use seven of nine pieces on them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I would certainly be willing to give up the "Exclusivity" of the Liberated Borg if they introduced some new costume parts or options.
Like "Look like the Borg Science Boff"
The "Boff" suit from the engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Should it remain exclusive to LT? I believe so, LT needs some incentive. Will it remain a LT exclusive item, well we may never know, it is possible it may go to the CStore.

I have a feeling that the Red Matter Capacitator is going to show up in the CStore, since there is a player skill called Batteries that helps prolong its effect when activated. I already saw both the Borg Tribble and the special edition tribble (Blue & Yellow one) at the CStore.

The TR117 Rifle will show up eventually, however; its more likely it will be a modified version, since the one that was exclusive to Target is still under contractual agreement, least thats what is rumored.

I am looking forward to the TR117.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
As a 700-1000 day vet reward, I'd be cool with it. As another a la carte C-store option? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Should it remain exclusive to LT? I believe so, LT needs some incentive. Will it remain a LT exclusive item, well we may never know, it is possible it may go to the CStore.

I have a feeling that the Red Matter Capacitator is going to show up in the CStore, since there is a player skill called Batteries that helps prolong its effect when activated. I already saw both the Borg Tribble and the special edition tribble (Blue & Yellow one) at the CStore.

The TR117 Rifle will show up eventually, however; its more likely it will be a modified version, since the one that was exclusive to Target is still under contractual agreement, least thats what is rumored.

I am looking forward to the TR117.
Ummmm...its the Tr-116A.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
As a 700-1000 day vet reward, I'd be cool with it. As another a la carte C-store option? Nope.
Actually I love that idea, a Vet reward is the better option, same with the TR117
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm actually with BlackV7. To be completely honest, I'd rather it stay a Lifetime perk.

If it does leave being LT exclusive I'd at least rather see it in the c-store.

Just my opinion though
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Btw...on the subject of the pre-orders...if purchased from C-Store....they should be account unlock and not one time unlock. This has to be said. But getting back to this Liberated Borg thing (evil grin) if Cryptic wants to add the Liberated Borg as an a la carte option to the C-Store..I say fine..as long as every lifer has the infamous bug (Jem'Hadar ship, for those not in the know) as an account unlock. And that the C-Store Liberated borg unlock is at least 2000 CP and per character....not account. LOL. (Yes, I'm kidding).