Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 831
01-30-2012, 07:32 AM
This will scare people but I really cannot stand TOR. It has a good story but the people and game play just suck. I was bored of it with in the first week of playing. In all fairness I played it up to level 20 and created several other toons but it all felt the same. Boring and boring.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 832
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 833
01-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
This will scare people but I really cannot stand TOR. It has a good story but the people and game play just suck. I was bored of it with in the first week of playing. In all fairness I played it up to level 20 and created several other toons but it all felt the same. Boring and boring.
I have heard of many things said about TOR but to say the people suck? Have you played STO? WoW? Rift or any other MMo? You will find all types playing in MMos, so not sure how you can label the people who play TOR (many of whom play STO) as people who suck.

It doesn't scare me or others if you don't like TOR. I'm not sure why you would think this? If you don't like it, fine, next MMO is out soon or stick here.

Nice generalising though m8
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 834
01-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
I have heard of many things said about TOR but to say the people suck? Have you played STO? WoW? Rift or any other MMo? You will find all types playing in MMos, so not sure how you can label the people who play TOR (many of whom play STO) as people who suck.

It doesn't scare me or others if you don't like TOR. I'm not sure why you would think this? If you don't like it, fine, next MMO is out soon or stick here.

Nice generalising though m8
I tried a few servers and the vast majority were those who came from WoW and had the typical WoW mentality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 835
01-30-2012, 07:54 AM
I like Cryptic. The only reason you all ***** about what they haven't delivered is because the whole time they were telling you what they were planning to do. There's a reason companies keep us all in the dark all the time; it's because when they don't, something pops up and they can't deliver what they promised and you all rage and flop on the floor in a hissy fit over how much you want your candy.

Cryptic is doing fine, TOR is a blatant money grab, Bioware has fallen down the drain. Why are people even discussing this? Go back to the playing the game or having some sensible forum discussion, because Cryptic needs your support. If you keep bashing it like this, Cryptic is never going to get the subscribers or players to actually make a difference in the gameplay, and then we'll really have false promises and lack of content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 836
01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Wow... someone didn get their coffee this morning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 837
01-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSev
I like Cryptic. The only reason you all ***** about what they haven't delivered is because the whole time they were telling you what they were planning to do. There's a reason companies keep us all in the dark all the time; it's because when they don't, something pops up and they can't deliver what they promised and you all rage and flop on the floor in a hissy fit over how much you want your candy.

Cryptic is doing fine, TOR is a blatant money grab, Bioware has fallen down the drain. Why are people even discussing this? Go back to the playing the game or having some sensible forum discussion, because Cryptic needs your support. If you keep bashing it like this, Cryptic is never going to get the subscribers or players to actually make a difference in the gameplay, and then we'll really have false promises and lack of content.
Wow, I mean just WoW. Are you really serious? Do you know why the game went F2P? Because of the broken promises and lack of content.

Do you know why your talking utter garbage? When you say TOR is a blatent money grab. Hmm, let see, STO had a sub fee and a cash store from day 1. Hmmm grab bags. Do I need to go on.

You don't do STO any credit when you talk without thinking first.

Cryptic may need my support, however it's a 2 way street m8. They built a shallow game, that has little content in over 2 years and a half finished second faction. What do they give in return? Grab bags.

That said, it is now F2P so I don't feel as much anger to them as I did when they charged, however they don't get a free pass for making a great IP substandard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 838
01-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
I tried a few servers and the vast majority were those who came from WoW and had the typical WoW mentality.
I keep hearing this. How do you know this? What facts?

My playing has made meet people from all over including a large amount of new MMo players.

Still generalising I see.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 839
01-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Perfect World Entertainment + Cryptic = not much hope, here. PWE games are all about grind. ALL of them. Now STO is in their hands. I hope for the worst.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 840
01-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Perfect World Entertainment + Cryptic = not much hope, here. PWE games are all about grind. ALL of them. Now STO is in their hands. I hope for the worst.
Your picture shows your not in the least bit biased, the same as my name means I am not biased
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.