Lt. Commander
# 1 Mix M.A.C.O. and Omega sets
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM
My ship (ok, I have more chars and more ships), is the Defiant retrofit (with Sao Paulo skin).

I making a mix from both sets (MACO and Omega) all MkXI.

I set he Omega engine. it give more speed and turnrate and defense is on 80% even if I shooting with Quad ...(yes I known isn't the best weapon... but... ). A nd the MACO shield (both of them look so good). But my problem is the Deflector (and not for look ).

With the MACO deflector, I gain +2000 hull points and nearly 600 of shield points (If I rememmber it), and a 5% of reduced time from BO skills.

With the Omega, +16 to targeting skill and 54 aditional points of damage against shield.

The question of course is: Do you think?

Thanks

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Personally, if you wanted to mix sets, I'd have the MACO shield, and Borg everything else.

I am bias to the MACO set on a Dreadnought. I recommend your experimentation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Personally, if you wanted to mix sets, I'd have the MACO shield, and Borg everything else.

I am bias to the MACO set on a Dreadnought. I recommend your experimentation.
I run something similar.

MACO Shield and Engine for the Magnetoplasma relays proc, and Borg Deflector and Console for the Hull heal.

Shield healing with something as beefy as the MACO MkXI isn't hard to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I run something similar.

MACO Shield and Engine for the Magnetoplasma relays proc, and Borg Deflector and Console for the Hull heal.

Shield healing with something as beefy as the MACO MkXI isn't hard to do.
This is my setup of choice at the moment - the Borg procs have been nerfed anyway so they're not as useful as they once were (still handy to have the 2-piece bonus though) - having the M.A.C.O. Shield (essential - until it's fixed anyway) and the M.A.C.O. engines seems to be my most aggressive and durable build at the moment - plus you get two defensive procs from the M.A.C.O. pair.

Strange thing is, swapping out the Borg Deflector and Engines for their M.A.C.O. equivalents gave me a (small) increase in DPS that I just can't track down (there's nothing in the shield or engine stats that can account for it) - a hidden M.A.C.O. perk perhaps?

Oh, and the Omega set - I have it - wanted to like it, but it adds nothing interesting to my Tac/Cruiser - even the Aegis set looks like a better choice than the Omega set (cool deflector FX though )

Overall though, my cruiser's feeling like it's got less 'bite' at the moment than it had - it's fully specced for sustained DPS but since the skills revamp went live I feel like I'm not hitting as hard as I was any more - this could be down to the proliferation of broken M.A.C.O. shields though so it'll be interesting to see what happens once they're fixed (and how much squishier my Excelsior becomes )