Lt. Commander
# 841
01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 842
01-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Earning gear for ME3 with this demo? Tell me more

ME3 demo is out on valentines day?
Sorry. You earn it playing the full demo of Kingdoms of Amualur. To unlock the PC unlocks require playing the PC demo, same with 360 and PS3. I just did the PC one today but did the 360 one yesterday.

You have to use the same login you use for ME with Bioware while playing the demo.

I have unlocked according to my unlocks on Bioware's Social Site:

Chakram Launcher Mass Effect 3 PC ---
Reckoner-Knight Mass Effect 3 PC ---
Chakram Launcher Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 ---
Reckoner-Knight Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 ---

You get the Reckoner just for starting the demo and you get the Launcher for finishing it. After the tutorial area a pop up will say you have 45 minutes left. You have to let the game run (not paused or alt-tabbed out) the full 45 minutes. I had it alt-tabbed out for about an hour then looked again to see the timer had stopped. lol

360 and I would guess PSN demo is available on their respective markets (XBox Live and PS equivalent). The PC one is on Origin and I believe Steam has it too.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56938/kin...emo-exclusive/ plus there's other links on the web about this cross promotion demo thing between the two games.
Lt. Commander
# 843
01-30-2012, 08:25 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 844
01-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I think STO does a few things a lot better which make my gaming experience more enjoyable and longer-lasting; Less Lag, Graphics, character progression, Story (FE & missions).
I agree. STO has a lot less lag but also as you state ... a lot less character progression and a lot less story. Not sure why you find this game's shorcomings a boon to more longer-lasting gameplay though.

There's three featured episodes in this game. You get about that much content and story from just your starter planet in TOR.

I admit I absolutely love the Featured Episodes in this game. But they don't do enough of them. Heck they even flex some muscle in remastered missions ... They showed how amazing a Klingon centered storyline could be in the Doomsday Device mission. And haven't done anything similar since.

If this game put out even 1/10th the content that other game put out, it'd be so much more full and fun and engaging.

Also I'm not sure about the spacebar complaint. You yourself state you want story right? Well how many times have you run the Romulan FE? That's got a ton of story, some voice acting, some cut scenes. After the first few times, it too gets to the point where you want to skip a lot right?
Lt. Commander
# 845
01-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I agree. STO has a lot less lag but also as you state ... a lot less character progression and a lot less story. Not sure why you find this game's shorcomings a boon to more longer-lasting gameplay though.

There's three featured episodes in this game. You get about that much content and story from just your starter planet in TOR.

I admit I absolutely love the Featured Episodes in this game. But they don't do enough of them. Heck they even flex some muscle in remastered missions ... They showed how amazing a Klingon centered storyline could be in the Doomsday Device mission. And haven't done anything similar since.

If this game put out even 1/10th the content that other game put out, it'd be so much more full and fun and engaging.

Also I'm not sure about the spacebar complaint. You yourself state you want story right? Well how many times have you run the Romulan FE? That's got a ton of story, some voice acting, some cut scenes. After the first few times, it too gets to the point where you want to skip a lot right?
I did the tutorial recently and out of habit I was hitting the spacebar trying to skip a lot of crap in there. Yes I called the cutscenes in the tutorial crap.
Lt. Commander
# 846
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
I did the tutorial recently and out of habit I was hitting the spacebar trying to skip a lot of crap in there. Yes I called the cutscenes in the tutorial crap.
Heh. No argument here. The tutorial ... should have been skippable by people with I don't know, a lt. commander or something? Whatever level ... just skippable by anyone who hits that benchmark. And this should have been implemented ages ago.
Lt. Commander
# 847
01-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Heh. No argument here. The tutorial ... should have been skippable by people with I don't know, a lt. commander or something? Whatever level ... just skippable by anyone who hits that benchmark. And this should have been implemented ages ago.
Hey now, that's content. With so little of it going around we need everything we can get our hands on.
Lt. Commander
# 848
01-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:

Ahh chum, I used to really dislike your posts back in 2010, when you really had those cryptic glasses on.
However, since 2011, I really love reading your stuff. The turn around was gradual but very distinctive.

And yes, this is a compliment

I love your acerbic whit!!!

(I am not a stalker btw, but I am a forum stalker I suppose). Since 2010, I feel I know most people on these forums, those who are still pro Cryptic (yep their are some still out there) and the haters (plenty).

Pity that those banned people that we know and love, haven't been given a pass to come back. Some of these people posts were very clever, insightful, spot on and always caused a good raucous!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 849
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
The point is the fans of this game have been shafted, you can't just release 5 new missions in 12 months that are going to add less then 5 hours game play to the whole damn thing. I don't know where some people get off defending this tripe. Kinda like the same people that'll get yelled at or slapped in the face and take it instead of throwing one back lol.
Lt. Commander
# 850
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
The point is the fans of this game have been shafted, you can't just release 5 new missions in 12 months that are going to add less then 5 hours game play to the whole damn thing. I don't know where some people get off defending this tripe. Kinda like the same people that'll get yelled at or slapped in the face and take it instead of throwing one back lol.
I don't know if they will do all that. But if TOR was doing that, they would be saying it's a "slap in the face" and how bad BW is.