Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Login issues
01-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Ok,
I have a PWE account and see that PWE and Cryptic are one..

I got a LE STO box and a Product key, i go to activate it and it pulls up my user name but the password that i use to login isn't the correct one and thats the only one i know.

so how to go about doing this?

thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Try logging all the way out, and then logging back in.

Here are some things I have figured out, and found out as of last week and yesterday for problems with the websites.

The Cryptic Website, and some parts of it do not like Internet Explorer 9. 8 is fine. PWE website handles 8 and FF well.

For logging in and password access, and being able to login to the website when NOT using IE8:

1) Delete your cookies and cache, restart the browser.

2) Do not try to be logged into a PWE page and a Cryptic page inside the same web browser. There may be some cookie soup action going on messing something up. I am using Opera for STO and FF for PWE websites.

3) Shorten your password to be 10-12 characters or less.

4) Remove any symbols and spaces from it.

5) Try to login again to the Cryptic website (or PWE website in a different, separate browser)

Hopefully, Success!

Otherwise, use IE8 while only logged into a Cryptic website page and not
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 12:07 PM
On one hand, I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. On the other, this didn't help me.

I even downgraded to IE8 and still cannot log in at www.startrekonline.com/user with my perfect world account. I even changed my password to something very basic. I hope the OP has better luck than I in this regard. The tickets I have submitted have not received helpful responses from the ticket support people.