Lt. Commander
# 51
01-30-2012, 03:33 AM
I use a somewhat unorthodox build, but I really enjoy it.

Science Captain (should work nicely with Tac also)

4 Single Cannons
3 Turrets

Aegis Deflector
Borg Engine
Borg Shield
Toduj and those frigates with the Tric Mines (cant remember name)

TacTeam1 - APB1 - CRF2
TacTeam1 - CRF1

EP2S1 - EP2S2

TSS1 - TBR1 - HE3 - FBP3
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I didn't think this warranted another thread, since it's about the Kar'Fi --

Anyone else being stuck in Red Alert mode, like, all the time with this ship? I can hardly ever use full impulse to move from one engagement to the other while my teammates zoom off to the next bit. And this has happened without any of my ships launched from the hangers, even. I would understand, I guess, if the idea is that my strike craft fighting anything puts me in combat, but when they are so far away sometimes (their AI leaves a lot to be desired still) it's really annoying. But even then, for example this evening I was at the start of a Cure STF, turning to the right to head towards the first group, with nothing launched or within 12km of me and yet Red Alert was up.

I don't notice this happening on any other ships of mine. I'd like to not have to burn evasive maneuvers to cruise around.
This happens only when you use your fighter commands. If you're stuck in red alert, click whichever fighter command you have active to deselect it, this will drop you from red alert shortly. I don't even use the pet commands because this is so annoying.
Lt. Commander
Hmm. I hadn't thought I had it happen as often with the Vo'Quv or Marauder, but likely it did. I'll putz around with it some more and do as you suggest.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
Hmm. I hadn't thought I had it happen as often with the Vo'Quv or Marauder, but likely it did. I'll putz around with it some more and do as you suggest.
The only ship i use with pets is the Kar-Fi, & the fighter commands keeping you at red alert has been an issue with it ever since we got fighter commands
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Love this ship!

This is a great ship IMO for any STF's. as I have done them all on Normal and Elite with my Tac & Eng, using this great ship!

The Sk'ul fighters are so useful, at least for me, in taking down enemies, and absorbing those first fee debuffs from the spheres and cubes. When I am guarding the gate/Kang in KA space/Cure space, they make quick work of the generators while I wait for the next group(s) to spawn. I just wish they wouldn't attack the Kang... but I do like how they can attack those pesky ninja looters!

The cloak is great, especially since you can still fire energy weapons while hidden. Even better now with only a 5/sec drain on Aux.. I never run out or need an aux battery now!

Great 4 forward weapon slots, and 3 rear. I find using 2 XII Borg dual cannons in front, 2 XII Borg Photon Torpedoes, and 3 Borg XII turrets in the rear works great at maintaining a great DPS. ( With 2 Scatter volleys and 2 Torpedo spreads works great!.. and put that purple doff on for projectile! ) I do not use heavy cannons because the normal dual cannons shoot more often, and I feel get more use out of scatter volley btw. Try it out! Same DPS!

Great space for good Tac abilities while having those needed science spots for Gravity well, tractor beam repulsors and 2 Hazard emitters! No Borg getting by me!

High armor, high shields, great weapons, fighters, cloak, ah! I am a fan of the Kar'Fi! ( For STF's)
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Okay, I've been flying the Kar'Fi for a while, and am having a wonderful time. I'm an Engineering Captain, so healing is not a problem. I had fleetmates train up my crew, so I've got the Skillz. I swap between frigates, fighters and drain-drones at a whim. I haen't used the Phase Shift for a while, but will try it out again now that its been tweaked. Any changes to make it more tanky will just put it closer and closer to the VoQuv. Personally I love it the way it is, no fixes required.

And don't change its looks: it's a nasty, ugly, steampunky monstrosity that belches flame and smoke in space (!) and is absolutely fantastic. If people think its ugly, well, that's the point, isn't it?

As an Eng captain, I don't need the BO's as much, and I do think that swapping around the BO slots turns it from a Battle Carrier to a slightly modified VoQuv. That's my concern for the upcoming Flagship, too: Will it feel too much like a glorified Neghvar?
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
The only ship i use with pets is the Kar-Fi, & the fighter commands keeping you at red alert has been an issue with it ever since we got fighter commands
I bet.
And so far it seems not bothering to issue any commands to my strike craft is indeed better than trying to recall them and point out targets specifically. So thanks for the heads up.