Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I submitted a ticket in game about this yesterday but wanted to post it here on the forum too to gauge if anyone else is having the same problem.

Having not played the game for a few weeks (wanted to give everything a chance to settle down in the build-up to F2P), I logged back in and was made to respec my VA as the skill tree now included the changes to ground skills.

I spent my skill points and did what I thought would be best for my character, only to find that Quantum Slipstream was now missing from his skills/abilities. Every other skill/ability he had before is present and correct, with the exception to Quantum Slipstream.

Am I missing a trick here or is this really a bug?

Ticket submitted, #1,257,351

One thing to note is that on my other Fed VA character which I respec'd, his Quantum Slipstream is there and working perfectly, just not on my main character.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 05:53 AM
To get the Slipstream you must spend ALL your Skill points. If you have 500 left over you do not qualify for VA, and thus don't qualify for the Slipstream.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 07:56 AM

That explains why one character has it and the other doesn't. Thanks for clearing that one up.

Just wish the skill tree hadn't been messed with in the first place as I had a build and set up I was really happy with, now I have to tinker and fine tune until I get something I like again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
To get the Slipstream you must spend ALL your Skill points. If you have 500 left over you do not qualify for VA, and thus don't qualify for the Slipstream.
Funny thing is, my main KDF LG character has the same issue, yet I have spent all of my skillpoints...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
i am having the same problem with my fed. character. all my points are used and it isnt there.
edit: nevermind, found it. under Q, not S.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Looks like the issue fixed itself~
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I have the same problem. I have nothing else that I can spend my points on and, in the olden days...one could drop points into anything - now they get locked out, but you couldn't be a "VA" without spending your points and now you can be a VA and still have unspent points.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Really don't see how it is tied to the skill points as the skill itself is tied to rank. I was able to use it during Season 4 and now I cannot and is no where to be found in skills. Would really love it if a Dev could chime in and give us some insight into this issue?!

***Just a quick update. I used one of my Respec Tokens and used all of my points and can confirm that this did indeed got the Quantum SlipStream Drive back.***
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I have this issue also, i am VA have the VA ship, stuck with 500 points in skill tree that I can not spend and did not get Quantum Slipstream drive.