Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm sure people will buy it, but I can't see why anyone should buy it. You can literally dump a fraction of that amount of C points into the Dilithium exchange and use it to buy better equipment. Or do any number of things that would prove to be FAR more useful in the long run.

Bad deal is bad, but that has never stopped anyone before, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2012, 11:27 AM
I find it very interesting that only 3 non lifers have commented on this. Personally, I don't care, hell, i might get it for the title.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Total waste of cash in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_mane2001 View Post
That is VERY Very true, but the C-store price is too High... 100 Cpoints, but bind on pickup is what the contents should be. to avoid flooding the market with green items. if they included a Set of star ship items, Resilient Shields DIS, Positron deflector, and Impulse engines Turn, with perhaps one Quantum torpedo, and two pahser beam arrays Acc then It would be Well worth the 240 C-points.

But all that would need to be bound on pickup.
The XP boost is 120CP; so arguably all the other stuff is 120CP. Still not especially appealing to anyone but the newest of the new, but then again it is a Starter Pack.

Now, we just have to wait for the Federation Retirement Package. (Now with Admiral McCoy costume and emote.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychodemus
The XP boost is 120CP; so arguably all the other stuff is 120CP. Still not especially appealing to anyone but the newest of the new, but then again it is a Starter Pack.

Now, we just have to wait for the Federation Retirement Package. (Now with Admiral McCoy costume and emote.)
They need a Captain Pike Chair costume in the c-store.

Id buy that for a BEEEP
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Let them make money off F2P people! Stop complaining!

They need money to run the game, and I rather F2P people pay for little things than us non-F2P getting ripped in another 'winter package' fiasco.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Stop complaining!
Irony is funny

Quote:
They need money to run the game, and I rather F2P people pay for little things than us non-F2P getting ripped in another 'winter package' fiasco.
Oh, this wont stop another grab bag. We've already been told more are going to come. That is completely unrelated to this.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM
I think there's a huge difference between either/or and both/and. Or, put another way, pay for a .9% chance of winning.

This is get a bunch of semi-reasonable stuff that can make PvE a tad easier.

I can't get worked up about this. Now the "Summer fun super pack" that has a .01% chance of winning a Sphere, that will cheese me off a tad.

edited to clean up grammar.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito3379 View Post
I find it very interesting that only 3 non lifers have commented on this. Personally, I don't care, hell, i might get it for the title.
That's the part that surprised me. I would have expected something like this to have some more tiny items that would make it desirable to the "gotta catch em all" type of STO player who needs everything regardless of its in game value.

From what I can tell the only unique item to this pack is the title. But really that title might as well say "Chump" since if you wear it everyone will know you're an easy mark.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post

I can't get worked up about this. Now the "Summer fun super pack" that has a .01% chance of winning a Sphere, that will cheese me off a tad.
Don't give them any ideas.

Also, is the title account wide or character only?