Lt. Commander
# 871
01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I am not saying that this is the general picture, just how it happend at my place.

I don't have evidence for this, and I would'n care to provide it if I did, cause such a thing is not nessacary (I don't belive in the "Screenshot or it didn happen" concept).

But deny it all you want, but the FE's are major player magnets, as indicated by the overlittered sectors where the missions were when it happend.... I simply can't belive that there are so many lifetime subscribers.
How many exactly returned in your fleet? You said a general "all of those who returned" but that can be 3, 5, 10, 20, 50? And you said none were lifers? I find that very hard to believe because I saw the opposite.
Lt. Commander
# 872
01-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
How many exactly returned in your fleet? You said a general "all of those who returned" but that can be 3, 5, 10, 20, 50? And you said none were lifers? I find that very hard to believe because I saw the opposite.
I think I can count on one hand the amount of lifers I have in my fleet (that I know of... its not generally somthing I ask about)...

My fleet currently counts ~50 handles (we normally kick people who havnt been active for 3-6 months), and if I only count thoose who retruned from being inactive, it's probably 10-15, wich (as you can tell) goes for about 20% of the fleet.

May be slightly more, may be slightly less... I don't keep a hard record.
Lt. Commander
# 873
01-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Er, sorry but once again, where does it say it hasn't met it's own expectations? You haven't provided anything that says what they have sold and what retention they have? All you gave put in is stuff that is old news and doesn't reflect (yet) what the real figures are.

Oh and I see you skipped over the bit about STO going F2P.
I had a firigging quote from the VP of EA. If that's not an indication of the expectyations they have, I don't know what is. At this point discussion with you is pointless as even when presented with articles and quotes from EA directly, you don't care to acknowledge what they themselves have said in print.

As for teh sub numbers in the Massively article - there th only numbers out there compiled by any firm and don't you think if EA could rekiably claim 1 million or 2 million active subscriptions (and not just "registered accounts") they would have done a major press release like they have with every other SWToR milestone to date?

As for "Skipping STO going F2P" - please, were ON teh STO F2P boards; so andyone reading this knows STO went F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 874
01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I had a firigging quote from the VP of EA. If that's not an indication of the expectyations they have, I don't know what is. At this point discussion with you is pointless as even when presented with articles and quotes from EA directly, you don't care to acknowledge what they themselves have said in print.

As for teh sub numbers in the Massively article - there th only numbers out there compiled by any firm and don't you think if EA could rekiably claim 1 million or 2 million active subscriptions (and not just "registered accounts") they would have done a major press release like they have with every other SWToR milestone to date?

As for "Skipping STO going F2P" - please, were ON teh STO F2P boards; so andyone reading this knows STO went F2P.
Do you know, I have no idea what your on about. The point I asked that you still have not answered with any of your "snippets", is where does it say it has failed to meet expectations by EA not by some analyst? Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?

And my point regards STO going F2P and you once again skipping was you saying it went F2P not because it wasn't making any money but was implying it was going down the Lotr route, in which it was making money but wanted more.

There really isn't any point debating anything with you.

You were one of the more vocal defenders when people were saying STO is going down the tube and will be F2P shortly and you were adamament it wouldn't and were shouting people down left right and center. A few weeks later we got the nodit was.

No point in even bothering to debate anything with you anymore, as your so blinkered you should call yourself Seabiscuit.
Lt. Commander
# 875
01-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Pity that those banned people that we know and love, haven't been given a pass to come back. Some of these people posts were very clever, insightful, spot on and always caused a good raucous!!!!
Yeah, I miss a lot of those posters too. And thanks for the kind words!

Lt. Commander
# 876
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post

Your links in that post doesn't support you actually.

EA CEO said the game needs 500,000 to be profitable. The 1 million number in the LA Times was what the reporter added not even in quotes or saying who said that. The 500,000 to be profitable was a quote by the EA CEO.

So to show an example:

CEO of Ford in an interview says, "We need to sell 500,000 cars next quarter to make a profit."

A reporter in the LA Times writes "They need to sell 1 million cars next quarter to make a profit at Ford."

And that Massively article was contradicted the following day. Massively the day before reported doom and gloom.
Lt. Commander
# 877
01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Do you know, I have no idea what your on about. The point I asked that you still have not answered with any of your "snippets", is where does it say it has failed to meet expectations by EA not by some analyst? Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?

And my point regards STO going F2P and you once again skipping was you saying it went F2P not because it wasn't making any money but was implying it was going down the Lotr route, in which it was making money but wanted more.

There really isn't any point debating anything with you.

You were one of the more vocal defenders when people were saying STO is going down the tube and will be F2P shortly and you were adamament it wouldn't and were shouting people down left right and center. A few weeks later we got the nodit was.

No point in even bothering to debate anything with you anymore, as your so blinkered you should call yourself Seabiscuit.
So he was saying this game wouldn't go F2P?

Btw, one of his links talked about EA investment in buying Bioware. TOR was not the only title that Bioware released under the EA banner. Plus we got the winner of the VGA 2012 Most Anticipated Title award winner just over a month away. (did you get your gear from Kingdoms yet btw?)

So EA is getting paid from TOR sales and next comes ME3.

Bioware has released DA2, DAO (or at least the Ultimate edition I got), and ME2 since being bought by EA. So that LA Times guy saying they need 1 million subs for many years to pay for the investment acts as if TOR is the only game BW did under EA. LMAO
Lt. Commander
# 878
01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
So he was saying this game wouldn't go F2P?

(did you get your gear from Kingdoms yet btw?)
Got the demo but not tried it yet. Too busy playing TOR

Still got to get my 8th toon on ME2 finished before next month so I can start ME3 with a massive choice...

Need to get this demo done soon though. Don't want to miss out on any of the good gravy
Lt. Commander
# 879
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Got the demo but not tried it yet. Too busy playing TOR

Still got to get my 8th toon on ME2 finished before next month so I can start ME3 with a massive choice...

Need to get this demo done soon though. Don't want to miss out on any of the good gravy
My ME2 I need to get a lot of playthroughs done. I did ME1 on 360, ME2 on 360, and then got ME2 on PC free for having DA2 when they did that sequel apology -- I mean promo. But I preordered ME3 on PC so I'm going to need to get busy on it. Or I can just "Gibbed" some.
Lt. Commander
# 880
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Pity that those banned people that we know and love, haven't been given a pass to come back. Some of these people posts were very clever, insightful, spot on and always caused a good raucous!!!!
I agree that it's a pity that some of the game's most active members aren't here due to bans.

I miss the BandonFlowers, the ZootCadillacs, and Peregrine_Falcons of the forums--all people I've either sided against or with depending on the topic.

To be frank, I'm not as interested in STO right now (and over the past few months)--largely due to lack of demonstrable development (which precipitated many remarks that led to bans.)