Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Upon a painstakingly in-depth review, I have concluded that this Federation Starter Pack is only of use to starting players, and only for the Federation side, as new KDF toons start beyond the rank of Lieutenant (or Warrior).

Cryptic, in the future, please name these packages more clearly. Perhaps something along the lines of Federation Starter Pack Useful for Giving a New Player a Leg Up but not Oriented Towards Experienced Federation Players or Klingon Players as KDF Characters Start Gameplay at Levels Beyond the Usefulness of Items Provided in this Package Deal.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
The average beginning player would have this stuff upon finishing the early tutorials, generally.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray

Hokay, IŽll try again then.

Cryptic, pray tell us how you have reached the outlandish sum of 240 (in words: twohunderd and forty) Cryptic Points for this rather modest excuse of an attempt to entice new users.

I assure you said user will be less then pleased, outraged even, when they notice that this sum (more than half of a monthly stipend) buys "stuff" whose usefulness barely lasts an evening of playtime. If one is optimistic to the point of delusion.

It is prudent to assume the following annoyance may very well lead to feelings of betrayal.
Thus, ergo, ipso facto a sudden and likely permanent vacation from your servers by aforementioned user.

*facepalm.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
I think that the pack is overpriced... 120cp would be a more realistic price for what is mostly consomables. theres a title and 3 Bridge officers bbut you'll get bridge officers. You get them from levellling, from missions, from doff missions.. These might be betterr then some of what you get initially but honestly if there any better then uncommon quality I'll be shcocked.

Again, overpriced.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Regarding the pack, as is, I thought that the title, Federation Graduate, didn't make much sense. Academy Graduate, maybe. Though I wouldn't pay for it. I'd expect it to come with an accolade for completing an Academy tutorial.

It would have been fun to participate in an in-game poll. To vote on what might make a good Starter Pack? Would be interesting to see how player's might have responded.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
I think there's a huge difference between either/or and both/and. Or, put another way, pay for a .9% chance of winning.

This is get a bunch of semi-reasonable stuff that can make PvE a tad easier.

I can't get worked up about this. Now the "Summer fun super pack" that has a .01% chance of winning a Sphere, that will cheese me off a tad.

edited to clean up grammar.

I heard it was a 0.0001% chance to Win a Tactical Cube.

Hull strength 50,000
Crew 50,000
Commander Science
Commander Tactical.
Commander Engineering

Universal Lt Commander x3

Front weapon slots 5
Aft weapon slots 5
Device slots 8
4 engineering console slots
4 science console slots
4 tactical console slots

Special Ability
Shield Neutralizer

Yes I am being silly. That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
I think there's a huge difference between either/or and both/and. Or, put another way, pay for a .9% chance of winning.

This is get a bunch of semi-reasonable stuff that can make PvE a tad easier.

I can't get worked up about this. Now the "Summer fun super pack" that has a .01% chance of winning a Sphere, that will cheese me off a tad.

edited to clean up grammar.

Well, I'm not going to get worked up about this "starter pack" either, but who needs PvE a tad easier? I can get through the vast majority of the PvE game on a miranda just by replacing her equipment with drops and rewards. True, I'm not talking about hard mode, STFs or PvP, but if you're a straight PvEer, you can complete everything stress free with what you get for free.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
A starter pack that won't be useful for very long considering how fast you can level.

How in the world does the C-Store Team survive to perform such tricksies on little bonnie-kins everywhere?? I wonder...
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST

Hokay, IŽll try again then.

Cryptic, pray tell us how you have reached the outlandish sum of 240 (in words: twohunderd and forty) Cryptic Points for this rather modest excuse of an attempt to entice new users.

I assure you said user will be less then pleased, outraged even, when they notice that this sum (more than half of a monthly stipend) buys "stuff" whose usefulness barely lasts an evening of playtime. If one is optimistic to the point of delusion.

It is prudent to assume the following annoyance may very well lead to feelings of betrayal.
Thus, ergo, ipso facto a sudden and likely permanent vacation from your servers by aforementioned user.

*facepalm.jpg
Considering that, per character, buying all of the C-Store items contained in the starter pack costs *way* more than getting the starter pack itself, I fail to see how 240 CP is outlandish. 1 Bridge Officer for 160 per toon that you have to buy if you dismiss them *is* expensive. 240 CP for a guaranteed bunch of stuff (and a lot lot lot of it) is reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
A starter pack that won't be useful for very long considering how fast you can level.

How in the world does the C-Store Team survive to perform such tricksies on little bonnie-kins everywhere?? I wonder...
This right here is the looming downside to the starter pack: It makes no sense to buy it if you rank up before even starting to enjoy the stuff.