Lt. Commander
I've been having issues with my mission, Dereliction Duty were people report the mission not working. It seems like there's something going wrong with the Foundry itself, because some of the things not working are really basic.

For example, the first objective in my mission is to "get in formation", which requires you to go to a reach marker. The reach marker is right in front of another vessel and I've even increased the radius of it, and still people say that it doesn't work. It doesn't really make any sense, as this should be very simple for anyone to achieve. You just have to get in the right ball park, so the fact it's failing seems to be a problem with the Foundry itself in some way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure this is a foundry error as much as user error on the parts of the players. I mean, some people are really... reallllly... [in need of someone to hold their hands].

It could be an error, but to tell the truth my money is on them not knowing they need to move, or reading the text, or perhaps being to high or low to be in the reach marker area. (but since the map says they are it must be broke! "Authors fault! Baaw! stuped! dumb!")

Its been a while since I played DD, but if you don't mind a suggestion you could place a flashing beacon nav point (W/O sat) at the center of the radius point and it may improve their success rate. Granted this all is based off of the assumption they are attracted to shiny, blinky, objects but...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Is it possible that they are reaching the marker prior to that being the mission objective? In that case, the marker wouldn't respond, because the player is already inside of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
^--- Oh right! That could be doing it too!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I just changed the marker for an interact. Also increased the size of all the other reach markers again on the other maps. Hopefully this helps people with problems.

I'm afraid I can't help everyone though. Like one person didn't know where to go through the asteroid belt or something, which apparently about 1500 other people have done fine. I can only do so much, I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes, I have had this problem happening too. Either not changing maps, or reaching an area/kill a ship/interact, and the objective fails to complete. Intermitant such that one day it works, another day it does not.

As far that the reach marker issue, I would recommend that the area of effect be increased from 1.000 to 3.000. YOu can do this by selecting the object, then look at the stats on the bottem. Change the radius value to achieve desired results.