Lt. Commander
# 1 STOWiki
01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello Captains,

If you are looking for up-to-date information about any aspect of Star Trek Online, make sure to check out STOWiki. You can get there by clicking here, or using the link in the "The Game" drop down menu on our front page.

STOWiki is completely community driven, so I implore you all to add and update data when you can. This is an invaluable resource for all players, and I hope it comes in as handy for you as it has for many in our community.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 07:03 PM
It's a great site, but like Brandon said, it could use more up to date information. Bridge Officer skills, for one, could use some polish - especially with the space/ground skill changes taken in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I think this is quite an accomplishment for STOWiki... Congratulations to them and I am proud of Cryptic for recognizing them in this fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
It's a great site, but like Brandon said, it could use more up to date information. Bridge Officer skills, for one, could use some polish - especially with the space/ground skill changes taken in mind.
That's the beauty of a Wiki...be bold, and contribute!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Maybe you'd like to add those changes yourself? Now STOwiki can be editted by anyone without registrtaion and so there's no excuse not to update it if you got the info.

(and if you're curious, I've done my share of contributions)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Glad to see STOwiki getting a link on the site. Been a long time in coming.

It's a great resource and I try to co tribute where I can
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2012, 04:43 AM
It is horrendoulsy out of date. As a new F2Per, I can tell you from first hand experience in the last 3 weeks, that it is very difficult for new players to know what is still valid and what has changed. The information that is there is shoddy in many cases too. There are frequently critical pieces of information missing from item stubs, such as the cooldown, etc.

When I am in a better position to contribute, you bet I will, in the meantime, if you have intimate knowledge of the game, I urge you to go and start correcting the out of date stuff. I will join you in due course.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashenfox
It is horrendoulsy out of date. As a new F2Per, I can tell you from first hand experience in the last 3 weeks, that it is very difficult for new players to know what is still valid and what has changed. The information that is there is shoddy in many cases too. There are frequently critical pieces of information missing from item stubs, such as the cooldown, etc.

When I am in a better position to contribute, you bet I will, in the meantime, if you have intimate knowledge of the game, I urge you to go and start correcting the out of date stuff. I will join you in due course.
We are hard at trying to change/add/edit to fit all the f2p info. It is a little hard when no one wants to help
But it will return to being the top go to place for information soon
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashenfox
As a new F2Per, I can tell you from first hand experience in the last 3 weeks, that it is very difficult for new players to know what is still valid and what has changed.
With respect, I completely disagree with everything you just said. The website, while not complete with every tiny aspect of Star Trek Online does have over 4000 content pages, is a wealth of knowledge that has received millions of views per month and has had over 200 editors in the last three months.

I understand you're new and are unfamiliar with the game, the website, and so on, but perhaps visiting the main page of the site will help guide you with all of this new and/or updated information:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you have suggestions or areas you'd like to see improve, send me an in-game mail message or on my talk page. Please don't be one of those people who bashes a site that is a value to the community if you aren't ready to offer constructive feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I thought we weren't allowed to post links to off site or community sites?