Lt. Commander
# 881
01-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I agree that it's a pity that some of the game's most active members aren't here due to bans.

I miss the BandonFlowers, the ZootCadillacs, and Peregrine_Falcons of the forums--all people I've either sided against or with depending on the topic.

To be frank, I'm not as interested in STO right now (and over the past few months)--largely due to lack of demonstrable development (which precipitated many remarks that led to bans.)
I never thought I would ever agree with you on anything Darren , but yes, your 100% correct.

Jedithefreak too!

Not even sure if any of them -

A. Still play STO.
B. Want to come back.

Hey ho.

P.S. Jedi Consular (yep one from the boring faction as some people think) is a power house in PVP, simply by healing his team, keeping himself alive, Dotting and snaring. Sage healer FTW!!!!

Still, I am very intrigued by the Sith Sorcerer. And by intrigued I mean "unlimited power"!!!!!

Wheres the republic Purple Crystals for my LS!!!!! Crappy Bioware and it's stupid Crystal policy (and I aint talking Magenta)!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 882
02-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I agree that it's a pity that some of the game's most active members aren't here due to bans.

I miss the BandonFlowers, the ZootCadillacs, and Peregrine_Falcons of the forums--all people I've either sided against or with depending on the topic.

To be frank, I'm not as interested in STO right now (and over the past few months)--largely due to lack of demonstrable development (which precipitated many remarks that led to bans.)
I may miss those, but I also miss people that, due to life and lack of development, are no longer active. BigRedJedi particularly.

But I am glad we got Roach back.
Lt. Commander
# 883
02-01-2012, 04:21 AM
... I just un-subscribed from SWTOR. I only lasted 4 weeks No need to go into the details why, it's all been said before. I think I would rather watch Sex & The City DVD's with my wife than play SWTOR right now
Lt. Commander
# 884
02-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I think I would rather watch Sex & The City DVD's with my wife than play SWTOR right now
that way you can fantasise about Lt. Valeris. I like your thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 885
02-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I honestly like SWTOR, it's a fun game and has a great amount of variety for the different classes. That being said I still come back to STO because it has the more fun gameplay. SWTOR's amazing story is offset by the lack of customization, and on some level it feels more like a single player game than it does an MMO. STO just seems to be more in the spirit of gaming than most SWTOR players who QQ ALOT on their forums.
Lt. Commander
# 886
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrafortune

and on some level it feels more like a single player game than it does an MMO.
Aye, I feel exactly the same about STO.

At least TOR gives you more reasons to team up

Quote:
STO just seems to be more in the spirit of gaming than most SWTOR players who QQ ALOT on their forums.
No idea what you mean by this. You were not here when STO went live, where these forums were just as bad if not worse. Even the last 6 months of last year, the forums were just doom and gloom (grab bag anyone).

One thing all the TOR naysayers on here dont understand or conveniently ignore, is that the game is 6 weeks old. No new MMo can really be truely judged until after 6 months to a year, unless you completely hate the game which is fair enough.

STO has had 2 years and is still by and large the same game sub standard game. However, F2P makes it semi palatible
Lt. Commander
# 887
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
I honestly like SWTOR, it's a fun game and has a great amount of variety for the different classes. That being said I still come back to STO because it has the more fun gameplay. SWTOR's amazing story is offset by the lack of customization, and on some level it feels more like a single player game than it does an MMO. STO just seems to be more in the spirit of gaming than most SWTOR players who QQ ALOT on their forums.
Funny but the same people who come here and say things about their forums and such also use the "forums are the vocal minority" when it comes to the same here.

Forums normally are the people who aren't actually in the game playing it with any game. And it's revved up with MMOs because they are online to play in the first place. The forums at Bioware Social (site for their single player games like the ME and DA series) are always on fire. Yet ME3 is the most anticipated game of 2012 (not just my opinion but VGA award fact). Go figure.

I find TORs lack of customization disturbing. My Legacy is at level 10 and growing so hopefully that help tip saying it will add customization options gets here soon. But while their customization isn't the greatest and a lot of games are behind Cryptic in that regard, I hope it gets better. If there is one thing Cryptic does better than most it's customization. But I remember the days when this game was about 80% space and 20% ground and fat lot of good that customizing did when you see the same ships flying around all the time.

One thing I don't agree with you on is the "single player" aspect. I find more to do with random strangers in that game than I need to in this one. Outside of the LIMITED NUMBER of STFs, it wasn't really required. Now they made it a requirement for other things but those other things could be done solo before. It was a challenge to do but was able to be done if you knew what you were doing. So this is more of a single-player game experience to me.
Lt. Commander
# 888
02-01-2012, 08:28 AM
True I wasn't at STO's launch, but I was at Rift's, and LOTRO's. The level of QQ on SWTOR's forums is insane. Just go look at them, and every other topic is a complaint. These boards certainly have their fair share, especially in the content drought months, when F2P was announced, and when the Rhode Island was first added to the C-Store. If you combine all those you'd have maybe 10% of the same complaints on SWTOR's boards, it's insane over there. And while SWTOR might give more of an incentive to team up the entire world just feels empty, I know they do different instances of areas like STO does, but I play on a very high server and it quite often feels almost dead on any planet aside from the Starter, Homeworld, and Fleet. It feels like STO did a few months ago. Now though I'm seeing players everywhere as opposed to a half dozen stragglers in ESD. I've got a sub with SWTOR through March, but I'm probably not going to continue past that since STO is F2P and I can save my money for a better rig,and all the Mass Effect 3 DLC that's going to be out there
Lt. Commander
# 889
02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
And while SWTOR might give more of an incentive to team up the entire world just feels empty, I know they do different instances of areas like STO does, but I play on a very high server and it quite often feels almost dead on any planet aside from the Starter, Homeworld, and Fleet.
From what I've read, people seem quite upset about 3 things relating to the mmo aspect of TOR:
  1. Too many servers, making it hard to find friends.
  2. Too many names. Every friend you have has a different name for each character and it's almost impossible to keep track.
  3. No cross faction or server chat channels.

I think these things should be fixed before they rework space combat. As the number of players drops, they could start consolidating servers. Writing some code to get everyone an @handle shouldn't be too big a deal -- they could tell everyone they have 3 months to choose one, and if they don't then their first character's name will become their @handle. Finally, what the heck is even the point of having a chat channel that doesn't let you chat with anyone?

These are just the things that struck me, an outside observer who hasn't played since the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 890
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
After I posted that, I need to make a small correction to my "Anything but STFs really need a team in STO" stance. Red Alerts also fit now I guess. I have soloed one up to the point of the boss ship but then I couldn't do anything to it. So I watched the timer go down to zero while flipping birds at it out through the viewscreen (or my character did in my mind lol)