Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
My first thought was "But the replicator's on the ship! How can you use it when you're on the ground?"

Then I thought, "Oh, yeah, transporters. 'P'Takh, I forgot to bring a remodulator. Beam me down one, will you? And throw in a couple dozen more small shield charges. Jenkins is going through them like candy corn. Again.' "
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Also it looks like DS9's OPS is now wheelchair-accesible, although I'm not sure that's an improvement... or intended... (Holodeck / Tribble)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedge View Post
http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...ntitled-21.jpg

Really not sure why they'd do that. The stairs are canon and I don't the ramps look all that good. You're saying the ramps are on tribble now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I'm assuming that is a bug, look how the mesh and textures are stretched.
Yes, it's on TRIBBLE, not on HOLODECK (hence the comparison pictures). Also, the "stretchiness" is why I said I don't think it's intended.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Well huzzah! The corridors in DS9 have had their black patches fixed! (Holodeck / Tribble)

However, I'm still seeing black patches in the TOS interior and the Hephastus shuttle bay

Also, it looks like DS9's floors got some new metallic copper textures, but missing the shadows from the flags/banners which may or may not be due to some changed lighting (Holodeck / Tribble ; better shot of the copper textures)

Also it looks like DS9's OPS is now wheelchair-accesible, although I'm not sure that's an improvement... or intended... (Holodeck / Tribble)

And the new keybind UI looks nifty... although it doesn't display key combinations (Ctrl+Space to fire torpedoes, etc.)... Not too sure how much of an issue that is though.
I did a bunch of work on DS9's promenade. 90% of it is stuff that you guys should never see, including the wheelchair ramps. I'll try and get those fixed.

Not sure what's going on with the floor, (again, I haven't spent much time on DS9 so I figured that's what it was supposed to look like!) but I'll see if I can lose the new texture.

As for lighting, that was barely touched. I pretty much just grouped it up to make it easier to handle in the future. Shouldn't have changed any shadow settings, but I'll take a look at that too.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I did a bunch of work on DS9's promenade. 90% of it is stuff that you guys should never see, including the wheelchair ramps. I'll try and get those fixed.

Not sure what's going on with the floor, (again, I haven't spent much time on DS9 so I figured that's what it was supposed to look like!) but I'll see if I can lose the new texture.

As for lighting, that was barely touched. I pretty much just grouped it up to make it easier to handle in the future. Shouldn't have changed any shadow settings, but I'll take a look at that too.
I am seeing this as well. I suspect it is a DX11 issue on non-DX11 cards. Once I switched DX11 on I started seeing some black (no texture) patches on my ships. DS9 is full of these patches, most notably on the floor leading to the bank.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
I am seeing this as well. I suspect it is a DX11 issue on non-DX11 cards. Once I switched DX11 on I started seeing some black (no texture) patches on my ships. DS9 is full of these patches, most notably on the floor leading to the bank.
That part seems to be fixed (the DS9 corridor textures leading to the bank and shipyard), at least on Tribble. I would expect that the changes we're seeing on Tribble now will be pushed to Holodeck on Thursday for the Anniversary event.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:

I thought the new copper texture patches on the floors looked good! I'm just missing the shadows from the flags and banners. Also, I didn't notice any stair-ramps on the Promenade, just in OPS.

I need to go back and check, but I assume that the corridor lights (in the corridors leading to the bank and shipyard) are fixed so you can't stand on the invisible light beams projecting out on the side any more (as one of those things "we're not supposed to see").
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:

Thanks Tumerboy
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Check your settings, I'm definitely seeing shadows from banners in my game (work game, not tribble) Should be the same though.

Floor textures are fixed on my end (not sure how I did that )

The Ops stairs look fine on my end, maybe Tribble only got some of my changes? I'll wait til next build to see if this persists.

The light rays in hallways shouldn't have collision already on Tribble, is anyone seeing otherwise?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Check your settings, I'm definitely seeing shadows from banners in my game (work game, not tribble) Should be the same though.

Floor textures are fixed on my end (not sure how I did that )

The Ops stairs look fine on my end, maybe Tribble only got some of my changes? I'll wait til next build to see if this persists.

The light rays in hallways shouldn't have collision already on Tribble, is anyone seeing otherwise?
ummm here is a novel idea.... instead of waiting, get in the game and check it yourself?

that is one of the problems, you all check your internal, which does not match tribble, which does not match the Live Holodeck... ELSE things would not Break as much as they do...

yet, as a client, why do I have to state this so much to a group who I pay to be their client....
yeah I need to ask myself if I am wasting my time, and start voting with my wallet.

thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
ummm here is a novel idea.... instead of waiting, get in the game and check it yourself?

that is one of the problems, you all check your internal, which does not match tribble, which does not match the Live Holodeck... ELSE things would not Break as much as they do...

yet, as a client, why do I have to state this so much to a group who I pay to be their client....
yeah I need to ask myself if I am wasting my time, and start voting with my wallet.

thanks.
He knows it's broken on Tribble now. He has to wait until another Tribble build is made before he knows if it is fixed.