Lt. Commander
ok so I downloaded the game on jan 31 febuary first i let it patch forever seemed to have to been hour or two, then it went in ( was with the on demand on ) so after that. **my power went off mid tutorial ** when it came back on i turned off on demand and etc so it would patch. so basically it has been patching for say 2 days now. first was like 5gig then 2 gig then a 1 gig then now today was a 420 meg and then a 114meg and now its a 720 meg one .

So how many times will this darn thing patch. i really want to play.......
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 07:24 AM
It is becasue the game has been out over a year or two and the patching is all the new maps and missions also to fix bugs
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcarp
It is becasue the game has been out over a year or two and the patching is all the new maps and missions also to fix bugs
so they do not use an updated installer???????? thats pretty lame

i could understand one or two patches with the recent bi weekly patching but this is just a bit insane.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 07:55 AM
The game actually patches some files at launch and then uses on-demand patching for the rest while you're logged in. You can disable this feature...but then you wind up like I did last night, sitting through a 5671 MB patch...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
The game actually patches some files at launch and then uses on-demand patching for the rest while you're logged in. You can disable this feature...but then you wind up like I did last night, sitting through a 5671 MB patch...
yeah i let it sit for 2 days on that 5.something gig patch. and well now im still patching

can i just like play now and since im in the starting areas it wont matter and let it patch the rest as i go along or just kleep waiting.

( screams )
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousufidris
yeah i let it sit for 2 days on that 5.something gig patch. and well now im still patching

can i just like play now and since im in the starting areas it wont matter and let it patch the rest as i go along or just kleep waiting.

( screams )
We also just had a patch early this morning (late morning/early afternoon for EU players)