Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
so is this going to be fixed before the anniversary event is over. I don't want to log in either my my VA's because I don't want my consoles moved?
from what I understand the patch notes were wrong.

Noone will have them grandfathered in to be able to keep them in an engineering slot.

More importantly though this particular console may not even be worth equiping anymore.

Its no longer worth the slot for a mere 650 shield points.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2012, 06:16 AM
While it was too strong before this does seem on weak side now.

And I too had the console taken out and put in my bags.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavism
This isn't always the case though. I've had shield consoles disappear from multiple different toons, and not one of the missing consoles has shown up in an overflow bag. Or if they are there, then there is another bug stopping me from actually opening the bag.
I had an overflow bag button, but it did not open to let me take anything. When I logged in after the patch the console was still in the Eng slot. However, when I went into space it was gone and I figured it was deleted, so I put something else there before seeing the overflow bad.

I logged out of the game and exited the launch window and then I restarted the game. I could then open the overflow bag and get the console.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2012, 07:06 AM
it wasnt only patch notes but it was the devs that said they can stay in engineering slot if we dont move it, so they need to make it good
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I've asked them to update the patch notes, but most people have gone for the night.
So... we get information both from patch notes and dev posts that shield consoles slotted in engineering spots would be grandfathered in and when it turns out that's untrue, your solution is to edit the patch notes to make it seem like its working as intended? Gee thanks. How 'bout an actual fix?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
I've asked them to update the patch notes, but most people have gone for the night. Chances are high that this console is actually in your overflow bag. You can get there by opening your inventory.
can anyone pls explain why some accounts eject those consoles in the overflow bag and some can keep it even if its the same ship
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
I've asked them to update the patch notes, but most people have gone for the night. Chances are high that this console is actually in your overflow bag. You can get there by opening your inventory.
Are you kidding me? Your solution is to update the patch notes and act like that was intended from the start?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Wait, seriously?

After almost a week of telling us our shield consoles will be able to stay in their engineering slots as long as we don't move them, when that doesn't work as intended, you decide instead to turn it into a feature?

On my Sovereign, I use the Borg console and the shield emitters science console in the 2 science slots. If I were to log in, and forced to put those two shield consoles in those slots instead, the net result would be I'd actually be using less shield consoles - zero instead of one. I consider the shield consoles "Engineering consoles forced into science slots" rather than science consoles.

What about the formerly +35% shield console? Are you going to restore the functionality, or is this going to be turned into another feature?

I'm actually reluctant to log in for the anniversary event until I find out what your response is. Which is sad, because a few days ago, I was really looking forward to it, and the Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
It's a bug. The grandfather slotting of the console didn't work as stated and the console should be in your overflow bag. The effect of the console however, is also not correct due to another bug that was made by Cryptic (Cryptic is aware of this) and you will get a greatly reduced effect from the console (it is granting +35 shield skill instead of +35% shield health which is a drastic effectiveness difference).

I see Zeronius partially addressed this while I was typing.
Not a bug. The following is speculative on my part based upon what's happening.

It's a preventive bit of tech that was added to address some past bugs. May have been a race condition of some kind. Players were able to slot equipment in the wrong slot. I inadvertently slotted personal armor into a shield slot on a boff. Apparently the server now does a sweep of your slotted equipment upon zoning in to a zone. Any illegally slotted equipment is booted and shoved into the Overflow bag.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
This begs another question. Is this new change to the console "working as intended"?
No in regards to the Shield Capacity reduction. According to Geko there should have been no reduction in the amount of Capacity.