Lt. Commander
I did a little digging around, but couldn't find any information on branching dialog having the ability to have multiple objectives.

Say for instance, I would like to have two options to get to a space station from my ship. One in which I beam into a transporter room and another where I arrive in shuttle bay. Two different spawn points on the same map. However these spawn points are transitions from a space map to a ground map.

Is this possible currently?

Following this train of thought - how about using branchng dialog within the same map? For example, using a single turbolift to access multiple areas within the same map. Say the options were "Sickbay", "10 Forward", "Rec room" . Can this be done using a single dialog pop-up with multiple options listed within it?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
I did a little digging around, but couldn't find any information on branching dialog having the ability to have multiple objectives.

Say for instance, I would like to have two options to get to a space station from my ship. One in which I beam into a transporter room and another where I arrive in shuttle bay. Two different spawn points on the same map. However these spawn points are transitions from a space map to a ground map.

Is this possible currently?

Following this train of thought - how about using branchng dialog within the same map? For example, using a single turbolift to access multiple areas within the same map. Say the options were "Sickbay", "10 Forward", "Rec room" . Can this be done using a single dialog pop-up with multiple options listed within it?

Thanks!
What you're asking for isn't really possible. Branching dialogue is branching dialogue, meaning that words and choices can lead to different popups and prompts.

What you're asking for are branching mission objectives, which are sort of possible with some crazy work arounds using triggers. In the end, though, the only things that actually branch are stuff like popups, the appearance of npcs, the disappearance of things, etc. A shared objective has to be completed, except in a few cases like the "Klingon smash console" trick.

The later series of my triggers (and Galactrix') tutorials go through these things in more detail. Please check them out, and I hope that they help.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
What you're asking for isn't really possible. Branching dialogue is branching dialogue, meaning that words and choices can lead to different popups and prompts.

What you're asking for are branching mission objectives, which are sort of possible with some crazy work arounds using triggers. In the end, though, the only things that actually branch are stuff like popups, the appearance of npcs, the disappearance of things, etc. A shared objective has to be completed, except in a few cases like the "Klingon smash console" trick.

The later series of my triggers (and Galactrix') tutorials go through these things in more detail. Please check them out, and I hope that they help.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/
Thanks Kirkfat.

Your video "Triggers, part 5" was perfect for what I was trying to accomplish! It's too bad that some things aren't as intuitive as they should be (like branching dialog=branching choices....or map transition boxes - lol).

Thanks again for making those tutorials, they are a big help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
You're welcome. If you have more questions, there is almost always someone in the sbugc chat room that will answer foundry questions 24/7.