Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
Um...was it really necessary to zombie a 2 year old thread? Just saying...
I've never understand this, what do people have against old threads? Who cares how old it is, it is still useful to some. I remember a while back I needed some info for a issue I was having with NWN PRC and I found a thread that someone had replied in on my exact issue but when I clicked to read it, the moderator had taken it down because of some dumb rule about necroing threads.. 3 hours later I finely fixed it myself...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwackadidl View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
A responsible poster is always mindful of forum rules, regardless of whose job it is to actually enforce them. Regardless of whose job it is to ultimately enforce the rules, it is the responsibility of all posters to remember them. One such rule is against posting in a thread more than 30 days old. Ergo, my comment.

Point is: just because it's quoted by someone who isn't a mod doesn't invalidate the rule. Whether the mods decide to enforce said rule is on them, at their discretion. But it's still in the rules, and the responsibilty to know and follow those rules is on each and every poster of the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
A responsible poster is always mindful of forum rules, regardless of whose job it is to actually enforce them. Regardless of whose job it is to ultimately enforce the rules, it is the responsibility of all posters to remember them. One such rule is against posting in a thread more than 30 days old. Ergo, my comment.

Point is: just because it's quoted by someone who isn't a mod doesn't invalidate the rule. Whether the mods decide to enforce said rule is on them, at their discretion. But it's still in the rules, and the responsibilty to know and follow those rules is on each and every poster of the forums.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salphen View Post
That's your opinion, and by all means, you're welcome to it--but it's your opinion. All I've done is state a black and white fact and provided reference to back up said fact. That it comes from me, a moderator, an adminstator, or Joe Forum Poster makes it no less true.

I still stand by my point that necroposting is against forum rules...whether anyone disagrees or feels it should be "left to the moderators" well...they're entitled to their points.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, to prevent further derailment of this thread, I simply rest my case here without further comment.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
[Silently he unholsters the [Zombie Control Sniper Rifle of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this Zombie thread!]

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead just report it and avoid posting in it.

Lastly remember that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic!
Cheers,
Alecto
Closed Thread