Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey Design build.
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I have already Read some of the issues people have had with the Odyssey having a Science ensign slot. The slot is not is not as bad as some people think. With the right powers she will be fairly deadly.

Commander powers
Emergency to weapons 1, Reverse Shield polarity 1, Emergency to shields 3, Directed Energy modulation 3 or Aux to SIF3

LT Commander Tactical officer
Tactical team 1, Torpedo high yield 2, Beam overload 3/Fire at will 3
OR
Tactical team 1, Beam overload 2, Torpedo high yield 3

LT Tactical
Beam target Engines 1, Torpedo spread 2

LT Science
Science Team 1, Hazard emitters 2

Ensign Science
Polarize hull 1

The Ensign power Will allow you to avoid Tractor beams snaring you, Between the Commander engineering, and the Science officers it will have plenty of defense, while the two tactical officers the LT commander and LT will offer much needed PUNCH. The Target to engines will at the very least SLOW an enemy down, making up for the Slower turn speed of the Odyssey, the Polarize Hull will prevent tractors from Snaring you to a point.

This is just one of the MANY Permutations Possible, With a little forethought, Any Ship build can work on the Odyssey, as long as you have a plan.

A Science build as follows
Swap out the LT Commander slot with a Science officer who has the following
Science team 1, Hazard emitters 2, Tychon's rift 2.

LT Sci
Tractor beam 1, Tractor beam repulsors 1,

Ensign
Polarize Hull 1.

Engineering build LT commander powers
Emergency to Aux 1, Engineering team 2, Emergency to engines 3,

Lt Sci
Science team 1, Hazard emitters 2

Ensign
Polarize hull 1.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Interesting choices you have for the available stations. I don't really agree with having torpedoes on a cruiser, especially one with a low turn rate.

Wouldn't having all beam arrays be better for heavy slow turning cruisers? I personally use all beam arrays on my star cruiser and so far been able to do pretty well in all situations that I have encountered. But again I'm more a tank build, so I tend to outlast enemy starships most of the time.

I can't really say much for the science build, as I got no experience in that field. But I agree with having Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters, Sci/Eng Team, in your builds, have those on mine and its very useful.

Anyway any chance you will plan an engineer/tank/survivalist build?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayrand View Post
Interesting choices you have for the available stations. I don't really agree with having torpedoes on a cruiser, especially one with a low turn rate.

Wouldn't having all beam arrays be better for heavy slow turning cruisers? I personally use all beam arrays on my star cruiser and so far been able to do pretty well in all situations that I have encountered. But again I'm more a tank build, so I tend to outlast enemy starships most of the time.

I can't really say much for the science build, as I got no experience in that field. But I agree with having Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters, Sci/Eng Team, in your builds, have those on mine and its very useful.

Anyway any chance you will plan an engineer/tank/survivalist build?
Well First, I am not much of a PVPer, I tend to avoid it. But Each to their own.

Indeed sometimes on a slow moving cruiser at least for PVP you would be better off with all beams, 85-90% of all damage you inflict regardless is energy damage. So yes it would work better for PVP. If that is even you over all intent.

Pure tanking build?

Odyssey class Tank.
Commander powers
Engineering team 1, Reverse Shield polarity 1, Emergency to shields 3, Aux to SIF3

LTc commander Engineer
Emergency power to Aux 1, Engineering team 2, Aux to SIF2

Tactical LT
Tactical team 1, Attack pattern Delta 1 (this gains you a damage resist buff.)

Science LT
Science Team 1, Polarize hull 2,

Ensign
Hazard Emitters 1.
Fore weapons slots
Tetryon Beam array x4

Aft weapon slots
Tetryon Beam array x4

The reason I chose Tetryon is you preferring all beam arrays, would allow you to have a chance to actually Damage the shields more effectively, But it would work on Any form of beam array, Disruptor where the Bonus proc is a -10% to damage resistance.

[Assimilated Deflector Array]
[Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines]
[Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array]

I chose the full borg set as it has that Random Shield regeneration and hull repair feature. Also the Tractor beam can when used can hold an enemy in place to allow you to concentrate fire on the one target. if you do not have the Full borg set, you can also use the Aegis 3 piece set.

Devices
Weapon's Battery, Shields Battery, Aux Battery, Engine battery
I chose 1 of each to add an additional boost to the correct system when needed the most. Skilling up star ship batteries will make the last a full 20 seconds, instead of just 10.

Engineering consoles
[Console - Engineering - Field Generator Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Monotanium Alloy Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI]
I chose the EPS Flow Regulator to allow much more rapid energy recovery, as firing 8 beam arrays would consume a lot of power, this console will help regenerate it.

Science Consoles
[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module]
(This will add a 5 more points to your over all ship weapons power. Allowing you to keep a high level in terms of fire power.)
[Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk XI]
[Console - Science - Biofunction Monitor Mk XI]

Tactical
Two consoles that boost your chosen weapon damage, Like Phaser Relays, Disruptor coils, Anti proton Mag chambers.

General Power settings
Weapons 70
Shields 70
Engines 30
Aux 30

While not a total defensive level, the 8 beam arrays will consume weapon power at a fast rate. So in order to be a visible target instead of just something that is shooting water guns you need to at least have decent DPS, so if you can bring your self to, switch out Emergency to aux 1, with emergency to weapons 1.

That is roughly where I would START at a Tanking Odyssey build.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 02:52 AM
i like some of your powers ...but all the teams share the same CD ...so i would suggest dropping sci -team and replacing with Hazzard Emiiters....maybe throw in a Transfer shield strength ...and you really dont need another eng team ...with aux sif ....suggest adding another Ept shields. Just my 2cents .
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 12:58 PM
my set up at the moment is
En Sci: Science team 1
Lieu Sci: polarize hull 1 and hazard emitters 2
Engineer: Eng team 1 Epts 2 epts 3 and eject warp plasma 2
lieu tac: FAW 1 and Beam overload 2
Uni: Lieu cmdr Tac team 1 HY:torp 2 and Attack pattern Omega 1

Working at getting better gear atm though but mark x phasers x6 Quantum torp mark XI and a photon mk x in the back.
Breen set