Lt. Commander
# 1 Returning after many months..
02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey: I'm an original lifetime subscriber returning to STO. I was here at the start.
Anyway, I have a level 50...is that still max level?

But I've missed so many patches and updates...I wouldn't know where to start with a level 50.
So I plan on starting fresh, at least until I get the hand of it again, more than likely I'll level it to max.

Firstly, I hear that STO is FTP now. As a life time sub, is there anything that I have to pay for in-game?

Is there anywhere I can go read, that caters to those old players returning who have no idea how things work any longer?

I really don't know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
Hey: I'm an original lifetime subscriber returning to STO. I was here at the start.
Anyway, I have a level 50...is that still max level?

But I've missed so many patches and updates...I wouldn't know where to start with a level 50.
So I plan on starting fresh, at least until I get the hand of it again, more than likely I'll level it to max.

Firstly, I hear that STO is FTP now. As a life time sub, is there anything that I have to pay for in-game?

Is there anywhere I can go read, that caters to those old players returning who have no idea how things work any longer?

You do have to pay for stuff but you get 400 C-Points a month for life. Also, you can trade C-Points for dilithium or dilithium for C-Points. Dilithium is a currency that replaced emblems.

I'd suggest playing the Cloaked Intentions Romulan missions or replaying Diplomatic Orders and The Doomsday Device, which got redone.

STFs are split into ground and space and take an average of 30 min. a piece to complete now. There's high end armor and some costume unlocks tied to that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
This thread has a list of changes and stuff to the game, it might help you out. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247595
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Where to start at lvl50, same as where you left off. Aside from feature episodes/STFs no new content has been added aside from replaying old content. 0 updates to pvp since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
STOWiki has a list of all the major changes and additions made on a Season by Season basis...

http://www.stowiki.org