Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShannar
Sorry but I have the same issue...700 day veteran and life time subscriber...I have received an email in the game telling me that an item had gone unsold in the exchange and was being returned. So far I cannot "take" the item back, I can reply or delete the message but cannot take the item. It does not matter where I try to access the inbox (mini map, earth space dock, mem alpha, ds9 etc...)

I would suggest the op raises a ticket in game which is what I have done.
When you say Earthspacedock, are you actually going to one of the mail consoles on ESD, or are you just on ESD and still using the mail window from the minimap?

You have to read the email from an in-game mail console to see and reclaim the item.

And if you are already doing that, then, yes, it's time to file a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Nope, not an issue for me and I buy and sell from the exchange all the time. Cryptic doesn't change the prices, it stays set at what you put it on there for. Maybe you just forgot at what price you listed it. Also, about the mail, as people have said, it has to be done at a mail terminal. Also, if you have multiple characters, make sure you're signed in with the one who put the items on the exchange. Other characters can't claim it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShannar
Sorry but I have the same issue...700 day veteran and life time subscriber...I have received an email in the game telling me that an item had gone unsold in the exchange and was being returned. So far I cannot "take" the item back, I can reply or delete the message but cannot take the item. It does not matter where I try to access the inbox (mini map, earth space dock, mem alpha, ds9 etc...)

I would suggest the op raises a ticket in game which is what I have done.
First of all, Attachments can only be claimed from a Mail terminal (usually at a Starbase)
2nd, Another restricion of returned 'Exchange' posts is that only the original Exchange poster can claim the attachment... other characters from the same account cannot do this...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko_99
As people already mentioned..

YOU NEED TO BE at a MAILBOX terminal. The game doesn't care if you're in space or a planet or right next to the damn terminal, if you use the little mail icon on your mini map. you won't see the items..

you use the mail ships. (gamma quad) or any of the mail terminals around the space stations and you'll see your item attached to the bottom of your email.
Isn't there a message at the bottom of the Mail window (if you use the minimap button) that explains this very restriction about attachments? If so, perhaps they need to make it 72pt font and flashing red. I dunno. But I *do* feel your pain.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Closing this thread, there really is no need for multiple identical threads in different forum sub-sections, you can continue this topic in the first thread made:-

Exchange Items not being returned STO manipulation cost of items on exchange
Closed Thread