Lt. Commander
# 1 UI oddities
02-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi, I'm getting back into ST:O since the move to F2P, and all my major issues are UI related, not gameplay. I'm trying to figure out whether these are even in the game, or if they're just things I haven't been able to figure out how to do.

I've got a few questions I can remember now, probably have more I need to ask later.

1. Is there any way to view all the various ship attributes (the ones like Starship Sensors, Power Insulators, Countermeasure Systems, etc)? The main ship UI only shows things like hull, shields, damage resist.

2. Is there a way to set a course for systems in a different sector block?

3. Is there any way to get your ship name to show up above your ship avatar? When I set the UI to "Always Show" my own name, when I'm on my ship it still shows my character's name and title, not the ship name.

4. Bridge Officer skill bar - often when I rank up bridge officer skills, the description updates the numbers in a wonky way - At Rank 1 the number is higher than after I start adding BO skill points to increase the rank from 2 to 9. Sometimes after hitting max Rank, the number drops again to a low number. It's really hard to tell what the real value for the skills actually is, when as you rank up the numbers look something like (100, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 60).

Thanks!