Lt. Commander
# 1 out right lie.
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
why did cryptic out right lie about the console that was changed from engineering to science, saying it was not going to be moved unless we moved it and then it could only go into science consoles slots.

why did they lie right to our faces?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

- Bluto
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Some people didn't get their console removed (such as myself). I still have it right where I put it in my engineering console slot.

It's not a lie, it's an inconsistency in their software. In complex programs, these things happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
They didn't really lie, it was a bug, Question is, what will they do to make things right? Probably nothing.

Ironic thing is there was a dev post acknowledging the bug on the PVP forums before the patch went live. So in that sense, they did lie to an extent because they could have easily held the patch back to fix the issue.

Of course, they needed to get the patch out or they would have ruined the anniversary event. Seems pretty obvious to me that one shouldn't bundle hardly tested and significant systems and/or balance changes up with a content patch that absolutely needs to go out at a specific time, but hey, what does a lonely player like me know, I'm not a dev
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 07:08 PM
The game ate my console. I guess the game tried to move it to the science slots and found none empty and for some reason didn't put it into my inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Well it didnt move for me until I did the quest for the new enterprise ship and it was just gone found it in an overflow bag and then i could only put it in a sci spot. Lucky that the borg console is universal and i just moved that to the engineer consol slot so it worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce007 View Post
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

- Bluto
Lol when did Germans bomb Pearl Harbor?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Some people didn't get their console removed (such as myself). I still have it right where I put it in my engineering console slot.

It's not a lie, it's an inconsistency in their software. In complex programs, these things happen.
Well, either haven't moved between instances enough then, or the alternative is that some people get to keep the +35 console in it's proper place while others don't. The later scenario is particularly horrible. Any science vessel is going to want to boost it's science powers as far as possible using all four science slots. To have some science vessels able to do so, and others that need to decide between having significantly lower shields or significantly lower science bonuses will be terrible for game balance, and even worse considering the permanent and arbitrary nature of the bug.

Easiest solution I can think of is to make the +35 console slot-able both in engineering and science slots. It's about the best we can hope for at this point, because let's face it: Cryptic isn't going to go back on a bad decision once they've put their foot down, they aren't going to re-slot those +35 consoles on an individual basis, and even if they did they would still be creating two tiers of science vessels between those with grandfathered consoles and those without.

For every other ship type besides science vessels though, this isn't a very significant change.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
why did cryptic out right lie about the console that was changed from engineering to science, saying it was not going to be moved unless we moved it and then it could only go into science consoles slots.

why did they lie right to our faces?
You should return/delete the ship if you are not satisfied with it, pretty simple answer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 07:20 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Closed Thread