Lt. Commander
I remember reading that an Ensign Universal BO slot would be included. When running the shake down mission the universal slot is present, but after completing the mission and selecting the ship at ESD its gone. Is this a bug or is this on purpose, because in dev diary 13 it no longer states that the ship even comes with an ensign universal slot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I've seen several complaints like yours in the forums today.

At the risk of sounding rude, do none of you read the forums?

There has been a literal backlash of controversy since they announced ~2 days ago that the universal slot would be removed (other changes were made as well).

A +1 version is due on the c-store with saucer sep and aux craft next month. I'd expect it sooner than later.

I imagine it will also come with the missing universal slots and the existing slipstream bonus we already get.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
If they had to remove the ens-uni slot it should have atleast been made engineering and not science, it's a cruiser, not a bloody science ship. Now it's a crap ship for me. I don't like science abilities that much, I prefer tac and engineering.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I second the above.

I was really hoping to use that ensign universal for an engineer slot as well. I flew an Odessey-class around for awhile today long enough for me to decide to abandon it in favor of my trusty Nobel-class varient.

If I have to slot a LtCmdr Engineer, I may as well stick wiith the assault cruiser and get the ensign tact station to boot.

(Due to my disliking it so much and a serious lack of forethought on my part, I actually dismissed it. So no more Odessey for me until the +1 becomes available.)

But, I really am not going to miss it. Unless they suddenly decide to renovate the bridge layout.