Lt. Commander
# 1 STFs in PvE Queue
10-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Personally I think having the STFs in the PvE queue is bad for fostering community in STO. This game is already single player intensive. Queuing up from anywhere just doesn't help that situation.

Part of making it to RA or VA is the ability to access the Gamma Orionis gate and be in an area where there are only upper level players. It makes it that more exciting to make it to endgame content. Its awesome when you get to see tons of upper level ships flying about organizing to hand some cans of whoop @## to the borg.

so please. keep gamma orionis a social area.

IMHO.

-Dang
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I agree with the point that the game needs social areas, however STFs already had a certain type of person needed to play them who could put up with the constant search for people. The new queue allows anyone anywhere to join, and also to auto-team across factions, which used to be a pipe dream. The queue allows more people to join in without letting up on the difficulty, which is the main driving factor that makes people bond.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
I agree with the point that the game needs social areas, however STFs already had a certain type of person needed to play them who could put up with the constant search for people. The new queue allows anyone anywhere to join, and also to auto-team across factions, which used to be a pipe dream. The queue allows more people to join in without letting up on the difficulty, which is the main driving factor that makes people bond.
Yeah. I completely get that. And you wont catch me complaining on that point either. There is something to be said however, that you can "see" the people you are about to endeavor with though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I think its a great idea with some conditions.

Before access to Borg STF I really wish the game would coach players on the basics.
*Making sure their ship does enough DPS, provides enough support, and or has enough durability.
*DPS and survivability check for ground too.
*I have to coach people on the basics like REMODULATORS and LARGE HYPOs as well as shield charges. I don't need to do this, a mission should do this, and teach them where to buy these things.
*Obeying instructions that would be given during a STF simulated in chat.
-Stop shooting that thing go shoot this thing instead.
-Stand over here and then move here.
-a few other things

Maybe some of this is to complicated to implement but ship build coaching NEEDS to be there, I can't coach people on ship builds once they are there in the STF, it might take a person a week or more to properly rebuild their ship if they even listened in the first place. There is no way those people are going to search the forums to figure this stuff out on their own.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnomalousX
I think its a great idea with some conditions.

Before access to Borg STF I really wish the game would coach players on the basics.
*Making sure their ship does enough DPS, provides enough support, and or has enough durability.
*DPS and survivability check for ground too.
*I have to coach people on the basics like REMODULATORS and LARGE HYPOs as well as shield charges. I don't need to do this, a mission should do this, and teach them where to buy these things.
*Obeying instructions that would be given during a STF simulated in chat.
-Stop shooting that thing go shoot this thing instead.
-Stand over here and then move here.
-a few other things

Maybe some of this is to complicated to implement but ship build coaching NEEDS to be there, I can't coach people on ship builds once they are there in the STF, it might take a person a week or more to properly rebuild their ship if they even listened in the first place. There is no way those people are going to search the forums to figure this stuff out on their own.
This is a great idea. A single player mission that would be tutorial like, that must be completed before you could queue for STFs. This basically would be the Omega Initiation.

Edit: I'm a new player, only started a month or so ago, and I remember my first STFs, they were complicated, and the gear was complicated. I got a few noob names called at me (Not as bad as some games rage abuse ....*cough*...hon..) but I handled it and learned, and now I know what to expect, but I felt for those guys that lost optionals just because I didn't know what I was doing.