Here's a list of features foundry needs More will be added, post ur own sugjestions.
First. Those Popup boxes u get in like the Devidean missions.
2. Ability to change NPC energy weapons and Skills
3. Ability to change NPC health (cant go under 1/2 the original NPC, Can go as much as 5x)
4. Ability to add/subtract skills from NPCs
5. Ability to have set spawners (One tact cube even if 1 person is doing mission)
6. Change NPC faction
7. Ability to change NPC damage
8. Ability to create other faction ships (romulan, reman, Undine, Cardassian)
9. Environmental Hazzards
10. site to site map transporting
11. Mission classifications, for the search thing, some classifications... Story, Combat, Heavy Story, Heavy Combat, Extream Combat, Balanced, Role Play
*More to Come*
12. Ability to disable instead of kill NPCs
The following would make work a lot easier for every user:
1. A 100% FLAT & BLACK map for both ground and interior to work from scratch.
2. A key combination that automatically puts the prop on your cursor ON TOP of whatever is there
- or even better a button (like the ones for snap grid) to make everything "snap on top"
3. A SIZABLE preview window that lets you ZOOM & ROTATE the contents
4. Getting to actually SEE the creatures in the preview window and have a list of their armament somewhere.
5. The ability to ROTATE and ANGLE UP/DOWN the map preview window
6. The ability to set FACTIONS & BEHAVIOUR for every NPC/creature and to change this during conversation.
Here are a few issues that I've come across, put in terms of "Here's a feature I wish the Foundry had."
1. Build Your Own Alien Species. Basically, the Author can determine the range of parameters of a particular alien species to be used in the Mission -- size, skin/hair/eye colors, ear accessories, and so forth -- and set that as a type. When he wants to make a new individual but doesn't have anything specific in mind (such as just random NPCs that don't look like clones), he can Randomize Head and/or Body, and there's a new member of that species. (Right now you can make the species you want as a generic Alien, but when you hit Randomize it becomes a whole different species.)
2. Separate the Random button for Body and Clothing.
3. If I build a figure with a particular outfit and change the species, the figure keeps the outfit. (Right now it reverts to a default Starfleet uniform.)
4. A Repository where we can share some of the creations we've made for other Authors to use -- characters, species, maps/map complexes, and so forth. We could decide whether to give them away for free, require that the person play through our Mission first, charge Dilithium, or have both of those two requirements. (Among other things, this could be a good way to get some obscure canon species into the game.)
5. I echo Storyteller's request for a flat black map. Better yet (especially if the Repository becomes a reality) would be an easy-to-use map creator.
6. A creature creator with the flexibility of CO's Tailor would be great for creating new animals in both this game and Neverwinter.
7. A stand-alone Foundry client. This could be either just the game with only the Foundry part (for when there are issues of any sort with the game, such as whatever was going on yesterday, or updates underway that don't affect the Foundry) or even something that doesn't require a login -- download your work and do it offline (though you'd have to upload it to work with it in the main client, including to Publish your work).
8. This is probably beyond what's possible in the engine, but I think it would be awesome if we could somehow "stitch" two maps together into a single map. Mark a doorway on one map, and a doorway on another map, and you can walk directly from one to the other without a map load. The typical application for this would be building a large map out of several smaller ones. However, one could also set up the PCs to walk down a starship corridor and enter a holodeck where a large outdoor program is running.
9. The ability to include rewards other than Skill Points and Bridge Officer Skill Points as rewards for our Missions. I'm thinking about Duty Officers, commodities, level-appropriate equipment, and so forth. These would reduce the SP/BOSP rewards, of course, and would be chosen according to their characteristics with their quality adjusted appropriately (one that I'm working on would have a custom Duty Officer as a potential prize, if that was allowed, along with various bits of personal and starship equipment related to transporters, holograms, and so forth).
This separate list is made up of things that may already be in the Foundry after all, and I just haven't come across them yet. (If they're already in, please don't explain how to do it; just say that they are, and I'll learn about the details later.)
1. Some way to put members of different Enemy Factions (for example: Gorn, Hirogen, Jem'Hadar, and Terran Federation) in the same room and have them behave as allies against you, I don't know what it is. I haven't looked especially hard for it yet, as all I'm doing right now is building maps and characters, but I'd really like to be able to do this.
2. A "snap to wall" feature for doors, to eliminate guesswork when placing them.
3. An easy way to "activate" doors, consoles, and other features that are already included in the maps.