Lt. Commander
I'll just say it first off since this is kind of a sad thing people are coming to use the foundry review system for. If per say someone puts you on an ignore list because they do not want communication what so ever with you. Then they find out you are a foundry author they begin to go through every mission you do with antagonistic comments to troll/bash/flame the author as a one person has done heavily with mine and one other person but the other person it wasn't so bad as this one guy that couldn't handle that I didn't want anything more to do with him. I did submit a GM request to handle this because this behavior is unacceptable and should not be tolerated for someone to go and use the foundry review system in such a manner.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 05:11 AM
That does sound like a bad situation and definitely something that Cryptic should look at, but I doubt their CS department really will.

I've run into several reviews where the reviewer was displeased with something, most of the time because they are a moron but *shrug*.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I'll just say it first off since this is kind of a sad thing people are coming to use the foundry review system for. If per say someone puts you on an ignore list because they do not want communication what so ever with you. Then they find out you are a foundry author they begin to go through every mission you do with antagonistic comments to troll/bash/flame the author as a one person has done heavily with mine and one other person but the other person it wasn't so bad as this one guy that couldn't handle that I didn't want anything more to do with him. I did submit a GM request to handle this because this behavior is unacceptable and should not be tolerated for someone to go and use the foundry review system in such a manner.
Sadly there is nothing you can do about these children, children must play. I feel your distress, I have had quite a few children trash my mission ratings with 1-stars just because they "don't like" me, my opinions or are just plain jealous. The difference is, I could care less, I don't make Foundry missions for these little bratty pests. I make them for the 5-stars fans and friends I have in STO.

I really don't think the GM's are going to do anything about it (but they should). All you can really do is use the "Report Terms Of Use Violation" on the Foundry review screen.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 03:44 AM
I think the review sytems withstands any real exploits.

If a mission has a lot of 4-5* votes AND a lot of 1* votes but nothing in between, it should be obvious that someone manipulated the tops or lows.

Btw I see it the other way round, that whole fleets can vote useless missions up just because a member published it. THAT is sad and It's more of a problem because a single enraged player can't do much harm while a whole fleet can massivly imbalance things.

Unfortunately you are allowed to vote on missions even if you just take it and dump it within 10 seconds, otherwise the problem wouldn't be there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 05:40 AM
There should be a Simon rule.

If a reviewer gives out too many (1s) votes, thier votes should get pulled.
Too many in relation to other votes that is. So if after 10 votes
thier total looks like this 8 (1 star) and 2 (5 star) < thier buds .
That set of reviews should be pulled.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 06:06 AM
What needs to be put in place is a more detailed reviewing system. When someone wants to rate a mission, they MUST fill out a review of it. The new review system should incorporate several questions with a drop-down list box for answers. Sorta like:

1. Did you find the story in this mission engaging? a) Not at all. b) Below Average. c) Average. d) Above Average. e) Great Story.

And then have the default selected value for each question be the highest possible rating. That way, if someone wants to purposefully enter low ratings, they have to go to a lot of work to change all of the drop-down list selections.

This type of "questionaire review" will also help Foundry authors better understand how to improve their missions and where their missions may be lacking.

There should also be the "Other Comments" box like what the review system is now, but I think a more structured review system is in order.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
What needs to be put in place is a more detailed reviewing system. When someone wants to rate a mission, they MUST fill out a review of it. The new review system should incorporate several questions with a drop-down list box for answers. Sorta like:

1. Did you find the story in this mission engaging? a) Not at all. b) Below Average. c) Average. d) Above Average. e) Great Story.

And then have the default selected value for each question be the highest possible rating. That way, if someone wants to purposefully enter low ratings, they have to go to a lot of work to change all of the drop-down list selections.

This type of "questionaire review" will also help Foundry authors better understand how to improve their missions and where their missions may be lacking.

There should also be the "Other Comments" box like what the review system is now, but I think a more structured review system is in order.
A very good idea. Also a feedback about the actual playing time (within your pull-down system) would help both the publisher and other players.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I thought of another stipulation to add. If the overall rating is lower than a "4" then the other comments section MUST be filled out with more than one paragraph explaining specifics on why the reviewer rated it so low.