Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey Aft Beam Array origin
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Sometimes my aft beam arrays fire from the end of the nacelles instead of the ship body. Not sure if that's how its programmed, but it looks stupid. They should fire from the hull, not the end of the nacelles.
Ensign
# 2
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I thought I was then only one was almost a deal breaker for me some times i jump back into my galaxy -R just for some normalcy!
Commander
# 3
01-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Sometimes my aft beam arrays fire from the end of the nacelles instead of the ship body. Not sure if that's how its programmed, but it looks stupid. They should fire from the hull, not the end of the nacelles.
The USS Enterprise E fired from the nacelles.
Captain
# 4
01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I wondered about that myself. I was thinking that the nacelles are about the dumbest place to but a weapon array. Why would someone put weapons directly onto the engines? () The hull is where they should be placed.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 5
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
The problem with placing aft arrays directly on the hull, is you limit the firing arc available to them. Think upper hull array trying to fire thru a warp nacelle.
Lieutenant
# 6
02-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Why would someone put weapons directly onto the engines? ()]
So they can draw power directly from said engines? Because it provides a wider firing arc? Because maybe they can design it safely enough that there's no significant drawbacks?

Just because imaginary 24th century technology seems unintuitive to you doesn't mean it's a mistake or oversight.